$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 110.9

6,837 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
43.1% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Hero Realms» Forums » Rules

Subject: Fire Bomb rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
matt feldman
United States
Maple Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stun target champion: is this optional? i kinda feel like no (because it doesn't say "you may"), but that would have oopsied one of my champions. do i read this right?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan A
msg tools
According to the official rule book, primary abilities are triggered immediately. Since other cards like Rake, Master Assassin say "you may", I would assume you don't have the option with Fire Bomb. However, during the discard phase you discard all cards in your hand. So I guess you would have to not play Fire Bomb unless you have an opponent target in play.

It certainly would have been easier to include "you may" in the card text since they use it in other primary ability texts. This seems like a future errata or maybe they will catch it thanks to print and play and player feedback.

I did notice in the rules, thanks to your question, that ally abilities are a "you may" trigger. So Death Threat's ally ability may be used or not if it is triggered.

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Guillemette
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jojobinks wrote:
stun target champion: is this optional? i kinda feel like no (because it doesn't say "you may"), but that would have oopsied one of my champions. do i read this right?


Sorry Jojo, are you asking if it would stun YOUR champion if your opponent doesn't have one? My understanding from playing several games last night with the PNP and from lots of Star Realms games, is that if you don't have an opponent target for a power you just don't use it...

And I don't recall any cards that target your own champions in this way.
LOVING this game, even more than Star Realms!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matt feldman
United States
Maple Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Schneu wrote:
jojobinks wrote:
stun target champion: is this optional? i kinda feel like no (because it doesn't say "you may"), but that would have oopsied one of my champions. do i read this right?


Sorry Jojo, are you asking if it would stun YOUR champion if your opponent doesn't have one? My understanding from playing several games last night with the PNP and from lots of Star Realms games, is that if you don't have an opponent target for a power you just don't use it...

And I don't recall any cards that target your own champions in this way.
LOVING this game, even more than Star Realms!


i understand your point. but it doesn't say "you may" and it's not an ally effect. so if it says stun target champion...shouldn't it stun a targetted champion? do you have a rule you could cite that says you may ignore an effect or that you don't need to target your own cards if you don't feel like it? the more i've considered this the more i think it absolutely hits a champion, even if your own are the only possible targets.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jojobinks wrote:
Schneu wrote:
jojobinks wrote:
stun target champion: is this optional? i kinda feel like no (because it doesn't say "you may"), but that would have oopsied one of my champions. do i read this right?


Sorry Jojo, are you asking if it would stun YOUR champion if your opponent doesn't have one? My understanding from playing several games last night with the PNP and from lots of Star Realms games, is that if you don't have an opponent target for a power you just don't use it...

And I don't recall any cards that target your own champions in this way.
LOVING this game, even more than Star Realms!


i understand your point. but it doesn't say "you may" and it's not an ally effect. so if it says stun target champion...shouldn't it stun a targetted champion? do you have a rule you could cite that says you may ignore an effect or that you don't need to target your own cards if you don't feel like it? the more i've considered this the more i think it absolutely hits a champion, even if your own are the only possible targets.


What if there are no champions in play at all, then? Are you allowed to play the card even if there is no valid target?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dániel Lányi
Hungary
Budapest
* -Not Applicable-
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted this question in the KS comments. Hopefully we'll get an official answer
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Taylor
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools

Play the effect as though it weren't mandatory. You shouldn't have to stun your own champions.

Ian Taylor
Director of Organized Play
White Wizard Games
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.