United States
Rockwall
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
I wrote the first-ever Lovecraft game.
mbmbmbmbmb
I am going to launch a series of updates which explain more details about the various expansions for Gods War. The first is the Monster box, which provide a game element only barely touched on in Cthulhu Wars. I want to focus in and talk about one of the monsters in detail. Which should it be?

Poll
Which Monster do you want Sandy to describe in detail?
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
Black Dragon
5.7% 5
Red Dragon
8.0% 7
Brown Dragon
1.1% 1
Cwim
9.2% 8
Mother of Monsters
19.5% 17
Sky Terror
11.5% 10
Juggernaut
19.5% 17
Leviathan
9.2% 8
Androgeus
16.1% 14
Voters 87
This poll is now closed.   87 answers
Poll created by Sandy Petersen
Closes: Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:00 am

http://www.thegodswar.info/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diederik
Belgium
Brasschaat
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All of them!...
I want to select all of them!...
Why can't I select all of them?!...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
United States
Carpentersville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ug I badly want all 3 dragons -- and Androgeus too because her tale makes him so fascinating!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
Germany
Rhein-Main-Gebiet
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Dragons! Plural!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Bayster
Belgium
Sint-Niklaas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I voted Androgeus too because that's the one most open to interpretation imo, I'm curious what Sandy thinks about Androgeus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Petersen
United States
Rockwall
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoa. Started off the Sky Terror, but now the Mother of Monsters pulls into the lead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
United States
Carpentersville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
People are changing their votes for their next best choices -- but dammit I'm holding on to my Brown Dragon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C V
msg tools
mbmbmb
Jugg all the way. Everything else is a creature, but I giant city wheel that roams the land? So much more unique.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Vanpelt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ruinaes wrote:
Jugg all the way. Everything else is a creature, but I giant city wheel that roams the land? So much more unique.

Indeed. Plus the mystery surrounding it is fascinating as well. You know it is a city but who populates it? Why does is it move? Do they control it or does someone else?

My personal theory is that is a Mostali (Dwarven) machine for some unknown purpose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judgement Dave
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really want to know if the Juggernaut moves so quickly it creates a sort of artificial gravity through centrifugal (or is it centripetal? Always get them mixed up) force...
Or does magic stop the inner city inhabitants from being thrown around?
Are they stopped from being thrown around?

In fact, forget about any game mechanics or lore other than explaining: how do the people in the inner city live without being thrown about and shilling their drinks???

EDIT: fixed typo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad S.
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, but we just had Update #5 which explained the Juggernaught including the Guide to Glorantha text that describes it. (We haven't seen its in game ability yet however).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judgement Dave
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hellikin wrote:
Yes, but we just had Update #5 which explained the Juggernaught including the Guide to Glorantha text that describes it. (We haven't seen its in game ability yet however).

I'm guessing that Sandy's Design Corner (SDC) features will be similar to his CW ones. Did you see those?

They tend to briefly touch upon the lore, but mainly discuss the design considerations and possible tactics/use. They're usually very interesting reads.

i.e. I'd expect it likely for a Juggernaut SDC to mention what it is in a paragraph or two, and then go on for many paragraphs about what and why it does what it does in game. Then to go on for many, many, many paragraphs on possible strategies/tactics to make the most of the juggernaut and maybe how to counter the juggernaut.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Stanton
United States
Paoli
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have no clue whatsoever about this lore, so a 'Glorantha for Dummys' synopsis would be welcome. I have already pledged G:TGW based upon CW and the Petersen et al. experience and credentials. (Awaiting delivery of the CW Onslaught 2 whole kit and kaboodle except to the base game I already have.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Robinson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fiatkid55 wrote:
I have no clue whatsoever about this lore, so a 'Glorantha for Dummys' synopsis would be welcome. I have already pledged G:TGW based upon CW and the Petersen et al. experience and credentials. (Awaiting delivery of the CW Onslaught 2 whole kit and kaboodle except to the base game I already have.)

A good, short introduction to the cultures and mythologies underlying the game is here:

http://etyries.albionsoft.com/etyries.com/voices/index.html

These are short, in world question and answers between a child on the verge of adulthood and a respected elder of some kind. The Dara Happan (Sky), Heortling (Storm), and Uz (Darkness) ones cover most of the base game. Esrolia (Earth) and Luddoch (Water) are also covered.

Cheers,
Graham
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Petersen
United States
Rockwall
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
You guys suck. gulp Now I have to write TWO sneak peeks because you managed to equally balance the Mother and the Juggernaut.

Ah well. It will be up on the site later today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Semmen
msg tools
I love the look of the Juggernaut figure design but wonder:

1. Is this thing stable? (Is the Juggernaut going to have to lay down or lean on another figure to stay up?)

2. The Glorantha guide says it's 3 miles wide and 6 miles in diameter, which doesn't look consistent with the model. If the model was to scale I imagine it would be more stable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Petersen
United States
Rockwall
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Darren23 wrote:
I love the look of the Juggernaut figure design but wonder:

1. Is this thing stable? (Is the Juggernaut going to have to lay down or lean on another figure to stay up?)

2. The Glorantha guide says it's 3 miles wide and 6 miles in diameter, which doesn't look consistent with the model. If the model was to scale I imagine it would be more stable.

1)Yes, it's stable. It is affixed to a large, square, base. You can't roll it across the map.

2) While our Juggernaut model is quite large (like 75mm tall) I admit it is not to a scale of 6 miles high. Alas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Healy
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
and...

The Sneak Peek: Mother of Monsters & Juggernaut!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.