Star Trek: Ascendancy» Forums » General

Subject: Size of the cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Marshall
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Quick question: are all the cards in ST: Ascendancy the same size? I just wanted to know because I'm planning to sleeve mine. Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
AtlantisAuthor wrote:
Quick question: are all the cards in ST: Ascendancy the same size? I just wanted to know because I'm planning to sleeve mine. Thanks in advance.

Reference card and fleet cards are 3" by 4"

Exploration cards are 2.5" by 3.5"

Technology cards are a little smaller than 2" by 3"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
The best sleeves for the technology (advancement) cards are shown here:
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/23435956#23435956
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Marshall
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Thanks to you both for the swift responses; actually those very sleeves came in just today from Miniature Market. I'd read the earlier thread that mentioned them but wasn't certain whether all the card sizes were uniform. With those covered I'll try and find sleeves to fit the rest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
The Exploration cards are standard (Magic: the Gathering) sized cards. So they're super easy to find sleeves that fit.

The hardest one for me has been the Reference cards and Fleet cards, which are both 3" by 4" ... a very odd size. Currently I have them unsleeved, which is probably fine since they never get shuffled or anything. If it really bothers me to leave them unprotected, I'll probably just end up laminating them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was going to laminate but I had some extras of the MayDay 80mm x 120mm sleeves. A little long and wide, but hopefully it will work. I have had bad luck trimming sleeves, but I may go for it and trim off the extra top part and live with the 4mm slop on the sides.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
"Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life." ♯ ♩ ♫ ♪ - Beethoven
badge
--------ViSiT--------- ---------------------- DockingBay416.com ---------------------- ------for some------ ---------------------- -------STAR--------- -------WARS-------- --------------------- ------l-o-v-e--------
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the size of the trade agreement cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
R2EQ wrote:
What is the size of the trade agreement cards?
Same as the exploration cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
"Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life." ♯ ♩ ♫ ♪ - Beethoven
badge
--------ViSiT--------- ---------------------- DockingBay416.com ---------------------- ------for some------ ---------------------- -------STAR--------- -------WARS-------- --------------------- ------l-o-v-e--------
mbmbmbmbmb
cbs42 wrote:
The hardest one for me has been the Reference cards and Fleet cards, which are both 3" by 4" ... a very odd size. Currently I have them unsleeved, which is probably fine since they never get shuffled or anything. If it really bothers me to leave them unprotected, I'll probably just end up laminating them.

I'm planning to use Ultra Pro 3 x 4 Premium Topload Card Holders. They are readily available in any store that sells sports cards and sports memorabilia.

An example Amazon listing:

https://www.amazon.ca/Ultra-Pro-Premium-Topload-Holders/dp/B...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Godwin
msg tools
mbmb
R2EQ wrote:
cbs42 wrote:

I'm planning to use Ultra Pro 3 x 4 Premium Topload Card Holders. They are readily available in any store that sells sports cards and sports memorabilia.

An example Amazon listing:

https://www.amazon.ca/Ultra-Pro-Premium-Topload-Holders/dp/B...

Those usually measure 3x4 but fit standard cards. Please let me know if they work!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.