Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Can you Hegemony an enemy Home System? (Yes). We said yes, because the language of when you can do it is identical to that of invasion. One of the questions that come up often is what actions can you take against which kind of system. A chart on this would be helpful, although we've pretty much got it figures out now.

2. If a Lost Colony shows up adjacent to a ship of another player, can it then do a Trade Agreement with the faction that discovers it. (Yes). We said yes, because they are adjacent. Technically however, this creates a First Contact situation where the main territories explored by the two involved factions are not in fact connected as such, so its still a question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely agree with number 1. Without it there is no way for the Federation to take over a homeworld since it cannot invade it.

For number two you are probably technically right but it does not feel right to me. I think the lost colony should have to trace a path back to its homeworld before you can offer a trade deal.

Also the way the rules are written the owner of that colony could build a starbase there and create a fleet of ships to attack whoever found the colony which definitely seems wrong to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Lavender
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
You kids, get offa my lawn!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say yes to both questions, agreeing with your conclusions. Subject to GF9 judgment, of course, it falls in line with the general rules which are written to expedite game-play and reduce complication.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i would say yes for number one for sure.

for number 2 i think you could trade, but it still wouldnt create a first contact situation. first contact is clearly defined as tracing a path between home systems. so you could trade but not bid for turn order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Godwin
msg tools
mbmb
Klaxas wrote:

for number 2 i think you could trade, but it still wouldnt create a first contact situation. first contact is clearly defined as tracing a path between home systems. so you could trade but not bid for turn order.

Thematically I think it would be the opposite. You can't trade because there isn't a path to your homeworld but it is first contact in that the data can be sent back towards your homeworld. (Also, since it causes player interaction, turn order could be very important to that lost colony's survival).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
chas59 wrote:
2. If a Lost Colony shows up adjacent to a ship of another player, can it then do a Trade Agreement with the faction that discovers it. (Yes). We said yes, because they are adjacent. Technically however, this creates a First Contact situation where the main territories explored by the two involved factions are not in fact connected as such, so its still a question.

This same situation can also come up with the "Q" exploration card, if the ship is teleported to a disconnected graph containing a different faction. It's a good question, and I agree the answer should be yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chip Morris
United States
Matthews
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
Klaxas wrote:

Does seem counterintuitive, but this is what the rules say. Trade is allowed, but no first contact.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
goo

1. We all agree.

2. What a plethora of opinions! Trade but no Turn Order Bid is my guideline for now. I agree with Todd that the "correct" interpretation does not feel right! I'll have to look at that card, Chris!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
chas59 wrote:
I'll have to look at that card, Chris!

The new System the player to your right adds to the board can connect to "any System" in the game. So they could fling your ships to an area of the map completely disconnected from your faction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gotcha! I assume you'd roll as usual for the length of the new connecting space lane.

Same ruling for this one!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.