33.4% of Goal | 27 Days Left

Support:

Rich James
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Red's Prion parasite was attached to Blue's Thioester Multimers, but had no diseased cubes (Blue had Red Queen attacked and recovered the one cube it had lost). Red' parasite also had the Chaperone Proteins mutation.

Now in Green's turn, his Salmonella parasite supplanted Red's Prion, taking one diseased blue cube from Blue's Homeobox promoted mutation.

My understanding is that Red's Prion can immediately attempt to attach to another host if one is available. As it turns out, Yellow has the Electrogenic Pump with the Nitrogenase mutation, so Red' Prion attaches to it and takes the one yellow cube as a diseased cube.

The question is does Red's Prion take its Chaperone Proteins mutation with it when it leaves Blue and attaches to Yellow? I think it makes sense that it would since it has not died, but wanted to be sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, a liberated parasite retains all its mutations when seeking a new Host. I added a phrase to E4 in the living rules to make this clear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will H.
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if this made it into the final rules, but the placement of cards might help:

[Parasite Mutation 2] [Parasite Mutation 1] [Parasite] [Host (bacterium/macro-organism] [Host Mutation 1] [Host Mutation 2]

Parasite mutations are placed to the left of the parasite, while host mutations are placed to the right of the host to distinguish which mutations belongs to each.

Hope that helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.