Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chad S.
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We all know that Petersen Games has great stretch goals in their Kickstarters, including this one!

Poll
What Gods War stretch goals are you the most excited about?

Note: I'm lumping certain SGs together by type/theme
Components upgrades: Bonus dice, Die Cut Components, Plastic Token upgrades and Corruption Tokens
New Monsters: Juggernaught, Leviathan, Androgeus
New Elder Races: Waertagi Dragonships, Giant, Tailed Priest, Slarges, Warrior & Noble
The Moon faction added: Red Goddess, Crimson Bat, Selenes, Assassins, Moon runes and buildings
New Runes and Buildings: Darkness, Water, Earth, Storm, Sky runes and buildings
Kings and Queens: Wedding Rings, Upgraded Queen cards, alternate Earth King of Pamaltela figure
Monsters & Dragons: Monster/Dragon runes, Monster/Dragon Counters, Inhuman King figure and Mother of Monsters spawn tokens
Gameboard: 6-8 Player Map and 3D Kylerela Piece
Other: If you would like to see a different SG that hasn't been added yet, mention it in the comments
      135 answers
Poll created by Hellikin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Szegedi
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Makes sense....a New playable faction would make most sense from all the choices! (IMHO)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Robinson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In Cthulhu Wars, the extra playable factions add more to the game than everything else combined by some distance. Plus the Moon sculpts are stunning.

I regularly have 6 players for Cthulhu Wars, so the 6-8 player board is a must have for me. I'll probably make my own (or more accurately, ask my wife to make one for me - she's the artistic one!) if we don't get there.

After that, Androgeus.

Cheers,
Graham
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bowie
United Kingdom
Crewe
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mb
Moon faction, absolutely.

I'd like miniatures to replace the tokens (for the Dragon Rune card anyway). Seems a bit odd to have tokens representing monsters in a game as pimped out as this one.

I would even pay to add said miniatures on. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge, take my money please.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad S.
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I expected the Moon Faction would be the leading one in this poll. And it is, by a significant margin!

But many of these are unknowns for most of us as well.

For example, if you asked Sandy and crew, they may say their favorite addition in the playtests was the Dragon runes- that they added the most fun gameplay. Whereas I don't really know much about them, so I can only guess.

Sort of like the High Priests in Cthulhu Wars. That was something a lot of us didn't know much about at first, but Arthur always said it was one of the best additions and he felt it should have been part of the base game.

I expect there's something similar to that in TGW.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
United States
Carpentersville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the new monsters (added to the dragons) will do better once everyone remembers 1) how big they are and 2) how they work. If I understand right in essence the variation that we get from multiple boards in Cthulhu Wars comes from Dragons setting up shop in terrain in The Gods War.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad S.
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since it's clear which stretch goal most backers are excited for, let's do a second run at this poll, excluding the additional Moon faction.

What other SG are you anticipating the most?

Poll
Excluding the added Moon faction SGs, what other stretch goal are you the most excited about?
Components upgrades: Bonus dice, Die Cut Components, Plastic Token upgrades and Corruption Tokens
New Monsters: Juggernaught, Leviathan, Androgeus
New Elder Races: Waertagi Dragonships, Giant, Tailed Priest, Slarges, Warrior & Noble
New Runes and Buildings: Darkness, Water, Earth, Storm, Sky runes and buildings
Kings and Queens: Wedding Rings, Upgraded Queen cards, alternate Earth King of Pamaltela figure
Monsters & Dragons: Monster/Dragon runes, Monster/Dragon Counters, Inhuman King figure and Mother of Monsters spawn tokens
Gameboard: 6-8 Player Map and 3D Kylerela Piece
Other: If you would like to see a different SG that hasn't been added yet, mention it in the comments
      53 answers
Poll created by Hellikin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bowie
United Kingdom
Crewe
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mb
Okay, my actual answer is probably the Elder Races, although the Monsters look cool.

But I voted Kings and Queens. I've been laughing with friends over the Wedding Rings (I'm hoping it will fit! I have slender fingers), and how the Earth faction basically pimps out the Earth Queens to everyone else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad S.
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
C3Gaming wrote:
Okay, my actual answer is probably the Elder Races, although the Monsters look cool.

But I voted Kings and Queens. I've been laughing with friends over the Wedding Rings (I'm hoping it will fit! I have slender fingers), and how the Earth faction basically pimps out the Earth Queens to everyone else.

Yeah, I'm interested to see that play out in a game.

Reminds me a bit of the "Bride" race in Cosmic Encounter, if you play that game. So many fun shenanigans...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bowie
United Kingdom
Crewe
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mb
Hellikin wrote:
Reminds me a bit of the "Bride" race in Cosmic Encounter, if you play that game. So many fun shenanigans...

Yup! I love the look of the new expansion too (there's a sofa, what). The Wars games remind me a lot of Cosmic Encounter actually; obviously they're much, much more strategy-intensive and well, balanced, but the way each faction pops feels the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Petersen
United States
Rockwall
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
I wrote the first-ever Lovecraft game.
mbmbmbmbmb
I will say that we have playtested the Moon faction strenuously and I personally am pretty excited for it.

But the wedding rings are hilarious. Especially the fact that they're pretty much all shotgun weddings, with semi-unwilling suitors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad S.
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a little surprised that Component Upgrades didn't get more votes in the poll.

With OS2, there was a big demand to get everything die-cut and replace the tokens with plastic (aka the Bling Box). That and many many of us ordered extra dice in that KS.

But maybe that isn't as exciting as receiving the Giant, the Juggernaut, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Fleider
United States
Dallas
TX-Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
C3Gaming wrote:

My intention is that the final semi-flexible PVC snake heads don't quite touch each other to make a closed circle. That way players can have all kinds of fun using them as tiny (about .5" wide) rings, torcs for action figures, or clip on jewelry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Andriot
France
flag msg tools
Sandy Petersen wrote:

But the wedding rings are hilarious. Especially the fact that they're pretty much all shotgun weddings, with semi-unwilling suitors.

The more we learn the more I'm curious about the Earth faction. It seem like she as a pretty different gameplay form the basic factions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cruickshanks
Norway
flag msg tools
Zzzz
badge
Chaos Incarnate
mbmbmbmbmb
Voted gameboard, but not really that excited for the 6-8 player (although it's awesome too), but the Kylerela 3d piece.

I dunno exactly what it is or how they'll do it, but I still want it. Also I really want to make a flying stand for Kylerela on the board. Having a 3d piece would probably make it twice as cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernard Gourion
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
In fact, i am much more interested in by the War Gods, the Magic Gods and the Secret Gods that were scheduled before the KS and that are finally dismissed from the actual KS...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bowie
United Kingdom
Crewe
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mb
bengougou75 wrote:
In fact, i am much more interested in by the War Gods, the Magic Gods and the Secret Gods that were scheduled before the KS and that are finally dismissed from the actual KS...

To be fair, staggering expansion content a little is fine! I imagine in a year's time, I'll be playing Glorantha nonstop with all the content already included.

...And when my Onslaught Two pledge arrives, I'll be playing Cthulhu Wars nonstop. Oy vey.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Fleider
United States
Dallas
TX-Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
bengougou75 wrote:

I'm super excited to get to these additions but they will take a LOT of concept artwork to get just right and as such, are probably outside of the scope of Stretch Goal content. They deserve to be their own product.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernard Gourion
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
RogueSwompy wrote:
bengougou75 wrote:

I'm super excited to get to these additions but they will take a LOT of concept artwork to get just right and as such, are probably outside of the scope of Stretch Goal content. They deserve to be their own product.

How much time to get these 24 units with your current staff ? i am ready to pay and wait ( i wait so looooong for the CW expansions that i am trained !!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jörg Baumgartner
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RogueSwompy wrote:
bengougou75 wrote:

I am sufficiently confident of your work that I'd be willing to pre-order the pieces with this KS without having seen the concepts. Some of their gift powers have been taken from earlier playtest versions, e.g. the Chaos ability to re-open the rift, and I'd really like to get this into my games again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Vanpelt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RogueSwompy wrote:
bengougou75 wrote:

I'd be willing to wait for an Onslaught 2 for these. Make sure they are developed to the fullest as well as give time for more ideas to be brought forth and developed as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marko Parviainen
Finland
flag msg tools
mb
Unlocking the Moon faction is the most important thing in this kickstarter. It would feel unfinished if that wouldn't happen.

After that, I hope we get as far as the Leviathan at least. That monster looks great and I want it.

I hope we get all the way to the end, of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Baker
France
Rennes
flag msg tools
Anyone has the picture of all the strech goals to unlock initialy visible on the main page ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.