21 Posts

Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » General

Subject: More scenarios? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Wojcik
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do we have to wait for fall to get the scenarios from the first edition loaded into the app.

I already have the tiles and minis, I'm just a little impatient.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat Mccrotch
msg tools
Best we know, yeah - we wait. They should have released a handful more honestly. There's not much in that box.

$100 for 4-5 different plays then wait two months?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kayati
United States
Worthington
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lovecraftgeek wrote:
Best we know, yeah - we wait. They should have released a handful more honestly. There's not much in that box.

Plays are misleading. Eight to thirteen hours of playtime, if you only play through once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Three Headed Monkey
Australia
flag msg tools
lovecraftgeek wrote:

There are people that have been enjoying replaying the scenarios as they are. I guess it just depends what you want from them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Krakoff
United States
Massapequa
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Three Headed Monkey wrote:
lovecraftgeek wrote:

There are people that have been enjoying replaying the scenarios as they are. I guess it just depends what you want from them.

This game has, at least, gotten to the table! So my "15" 1e scenarios that never got played aren't doing anything for me, no matter how much "replayability" it had.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Scott
Australia
EAST BRISBANE
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yeah I think there is a reasonable amount in the box to keep people going for a few months. I would certainly like to see more scenarios come out but I wonder how many people complaining about the lack of scenarios have actually played them all through?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Velox
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Even though the scenarios are the same, I've had a blast replaying the prologue scenario over and over. It changes just enough to enjoy replaying. Have about 8 hours with the first one alone; haven't even played the other 3 yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Máté Kovács
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mb
StarryAqua wrote:
Even though the scenarios are the same, I've had a blast replaying the prologue scenario over and over. It changes just enough to enjoy replaying. Have about 8 hours with the first one alone; haven't even played the other 3 yet.

Good to hear. I would be glad, if they would add real different endings to a each scenario. Like in the old game, where you had 3 objectives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chifri wrote:
Do we have to wait for fall to get the scenarios from the first edition loaded into the app.

I already have the tiles and minis, I'm just a little impatient.

We do have to wait until fall to get the new scenarios. However I don't think they have anything to do with first addition scenarios. These will be two brand-new scenarios from what I've seen. Unless someone else has different information?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
We apologise for the inconvenience
United Kingdom
Outside of the Asylum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thebaker1983 wrote:
However I don't think they have anything to do with first addition scenarios. These will be two brand-new scenarios from what I've seen. Unless someone else has different information?

According to FFG's news article about the upcoming "Figure & Tile Collections", at least one of the 2 scenarios is not entirely brand new...

The Suppressed Memories scenario is based on the collection’s Call of the Wild content, meaning those with the original Call of the Wild expansion will be able to play as well. Adding the Forbidden Alchemy expansion as well, however, will increase the number of scenario variants available to you. Fans of the original game may recognize this scenario as a reimagining of a First Edition scenario, featuring the return of Zebulon Whately and an attempt to interrupt a sinister happening in Dunwich. You won’t know exactly when your time is nearly exhausted, though, so tensions are sure to run high as you race to stop your occult enemies from carrying out their task.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk S
Belgium
Hasselt
Limburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pudsy wrote:

According to FFG's news article about the upcoming "Figure & Tile Collections", at least one of the 2 scenarios is not entirely brand new...

The Suppressed Memories scenario is based on the collection’s Call of the Wild content, meaning those with the original Call of the Wild expansion will be able to play as well. Adding the Forbidden Alchemy expansion as well, however, will increase the number of scenario variants available to you. Fans of the original game may recognize this scenario as a reimagining of a First Edition scenario, featuring the return of Zebulon Whately and an attempt to interrupt a sinister happening in Dunwich. You won’t know exactly when your time is nearly exhausted, though, so tensions are sure to run high as you race to stop your occult enemies from carrying out their task.

They could indeed adapt all good 1st edition scenarios for 2nd edition. I didn't proceed past the first The Fall of House Lynch 1st edition scenario as I suppose many 1st edition owners did.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Love
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Fluffy James wrote:

They could indeed adapt all good 1st edition scenarios for 2nd edition. I didn't proceed past the first The Fall of House Lynch 1st edition scenario as I suppose many 1st edition owners did.

Well if you're going to include the Dunwich Horror as a figure you pretty much need a scenario about the Dunwich Horror. It's not really going to fit in as a random spawn elsewhere. So I can see why they did it in this case.

I'd expect it to be massively improved and far more detailed though - most of the 1E scenarios are very sparse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pudsy wrote:
thebaker1983 wrote:
However I don't think they have anything to do with first addition scenarios. These will be two brand-new scenarios from what I've seen. Unless someone else has different information?

Nice! That's very exciting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Máté Kovács
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mb
The horrible Green Eyed Boy scenario could get a reboot as well. I mean the traitor mechanism is already there in the game, with the insanity condition.

I wonder, will they release in the future new scenarios, without any new expansion? Like, hey, surprise, here is two new scenarios for free! (or free, if you already have all the contents we yet released.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve R Bullock
United States
Palm Coast
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

As a previous poster said, considering I never played any of the First Edition scenarios (I sold the game off due to inability to find anyone else willing to play), the 2nd edition is already getting much more play time. The solo play alone is what makes this edition a keeper.

Considering it took me almost a week to get through the 1st scenario I guess what is available right now is plenty- but yes, we will all be clamoring for more scenarios in a couple of months.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Roden84 wrote:
Yeah I think there is a reasonable amount in the box to keep people going for a few months. I would certainly like to see more scenarios come out but I wonder how many people complaining about the lack of scenarios have actually played them all through?

So true. I've got about 20 hours into this game, and we haven't even looked at one of the scenarios...

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C F
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
Roden84 wrote:

So true. I've got about 20 hours into this game, and we haven't even looked at one of the scenarios...

-shnar

Wait, is there another way to play the game without using scenarios?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lumin wrote:
shnar wrote:
Roden84 wrote:

-shnar

He's saying he still has one scenario he hasn't played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lumin wrote:
shnar wrote:
Roden84 wrote:

-shnar

Sorry, I should have said, "we haven't even looked at all of the scenarios." What I was trying to say is we've played 3 of the 4 scenarios, the first two we've played multiple times, and have put in quite a bit of time playing this game. So after 20+ hours, we still haven't played all 4 scenarios.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Moreno
msg tools
Are these new scenarios supposed to be playable with what's available in the second edition box? Or am I going to have to spend more than the $100 I spent to get more than a handful of playthroughs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Three Headed Monkey
Australia
flag msg tools
Cmoreno1 wrote:
Are these new scenarios supposed to be playable with what's available in the second edition box? Or am I going to have to spend more than the $100 I spent to get more than a handful of playthroughs?

The new scenarios will only work if you have the content from the corresponding expansions.

Many people would disagree that the core set just gives you a handful of playthroughs. There are plenty of positive reviews that talk about having a good time replaying scenarios. Of course, that kind of thing is entirely subjective. If you never want to replay the same scenario, win or fail, then maybe a game like MoM isn't for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.