The Others» Forums » General

Subject: Storage rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Smith
United States
California
flag msg tools
Anyone come up with some solid compaction/storage plans? Don't have room for all the boxes on my shelves and wanted to see what others are doing...
Thanks,
GS

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Lamprey
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm hoping Broken Token or Go 7 design some inserts. Other than that, Kim building a foam or for the base and some extra figs. Going to try to do one for one of the team boxes and put all the heroes in there. The apocalypse and extra sins! No idea lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Leong
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Didn't someone post a picture that they managed to fit everything into just the core and apocalypse boxes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
Don't make me exile you.
mbmbmbmbmb
StrafeFC wrote:
Didn't someone post a picture that they managed to fit everything into just the core and apocalypse boxes?

You can see that image here:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/23451126#23451126

It's incredibly TIGHT. I will say, however, that the pieces are not fragile in the slightest, and unpainted minis will likely survive that way.

On the other hand, I really like my individual Sins and Apoc box. So, I've got all things cardboard, token, etc in the core box along with Pride in his clamshell. In a team box I have Sloth, all the abominations from the core, all acolytes and heroes, and there is room to spare. I feel more comfortable with some space in the box with the plastic.

While I could not justify having CMoN create them, I totally understand the idea of wanting the Envy and Sloth boxes. I'd have definitely used them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Bolinger
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This might be a good use of the Bit Box Storage System. It is ending soon on Kickstarter and is suppose to ship in November 2016. I can see The Others easily fitting into it with some room to spare. You might even be able to store the others in the Bit Box Mobile.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/game-ovations/bitbox-sp...

Hope this helps,
Clinton

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Lamprey
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After looking at it, I think what I will end up doing is taking all of the cards, die cut materials, dice (with bags), tokens and tiles etc and making a foamcore insert inside of the Apocalypse Box. Give that to the Heroes when it's time to play.

While they are choosing from the myriad of heroes, The sins player can set up the tiles, cards and everything. When it comes time, I will make a foamcore insert in the Base box and put as many minis as I can in there... That way they can take the heroes and set themselves up. As for the Sins and Abominations, well, that's another matter...

This game could have really done with a Cthulhu Wars sized box...(Though, I admit, it is cumbersome to move around) Or another box to put the extras in like CMON typically does with the Arcadia Quest Kickstarters.

This one will be tough...

1. I don't like to just throw the minis willy-nilly into the box and pile them up.

2. The setup and break down time for games like this (typical of CMON games this size) is daunting... and one of the worst things about them for me. I love the games, but the time it takes to get everything to the table and ready to play and then put it all away is just ...bleh...

So the foam core alleviates some setup time by way of organization but cuts down some of the available space the boxes could offer.Of course, I am assuming we are talking about everything in the KS thus far and not just the base set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke
United Kingdom
Ipswich
flag msg tools
Those boxes look great but that UK shipping cost is insane. 83 dollars just for the shipping.

It's a shame as I was ready to back immediately upon seeing them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor The Geek
United States
Harrisburg area
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought the Plano 732 tackle box from Walmart. I'm still using the base box for the tiles, player boards, bags, and the Pride Avatar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Smith
United States
California
flag msg tools
I'd thought about a large Plano like that. That's how I store my Memoir 44 collection...
I decided to pick up some Plano 3600 boxes which are deeper than normal for all the minis. I'll be able to organize by team, sin, etc.
They just came in and I'll get to work on organization this weekend. I'll let you all know how it goes!
Thanks,
GS
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Rainey
United States
Cookeville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
I went with Plano 3700s since I've got some of the extra teams. The issue I ran into with Plano 3600 was that it wasn't tall enough to close with some of the minis, even with them laying down. Here's how I'm using the Plano Boxes:

This box has the hero teams, acolytes, and other non-Sin minis aside from Pride. I think I can actually move the smaller Pride minis into the dedicated "Sin" box. When I get Delta/Gamma team I'll probably need to do that to make space for the additional acolytes.

Again, that empty spot is about the perfect size for the Pride minis. I could probably re-divide to make a little more room if needed.

Here's what I have in the base box. I do not have the Wound and Corruption token packs, so that factors in here. The Plano 3400 would definitely not have enough room for that. If I added Delta/Gamma, I'm hoping the additional map tiles will fit up to the top here. I'll have to reorganize but I have a bit of room to play around with now. There's a lot of extra space where the dice bags are. I don't think the extra hero cards will cause an issue since I can move the acolyte boards around.

Manageable!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stevie P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Arts and Crafting the Gamma Team box.
Hellclub, Acolytes, and Heroes so I can find them. I had them all in baggies in the same box, but I like this much better.

I have all the Sins in the Apocalypse box in baggies. I need to see if I can do something similar with that next.

Everything else fits nicely into the core box. The only thing I dont like about the core box is the cards are in baggies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stevie P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

That was easier than I thought
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel AA
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Empty Boxes
Does anyone have some of the empty boxes they are willing to part with? I am willing to pay for shipping and handing. I need some replacement boxes for sins and faith team. PM me with details, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.