$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
30.8% of Goal | 28 Days Left

Support:

Robyn Dawson-Ruiz
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Hello. I'm looking for some playtesters for Rezonite. It's a card game that pits two players against one another in a magical duel, using Rezonite crystyls that contain spells and magical energy.

The goal is to reach a victory condition, which are printed on certain cards. In other words, you need to cast a spell with a victory condition and cast other spells that allow you to reach that condition while preventing your opponent from reaching theirs. The goals and strategy can shift over the course of the game, when victory condition cards get cast or shattered.

I'm trying something similar to the LCG model. The core set has 150 cards split into 5 preconstructed decks of 30 cards, one for each energy type. Each expansion will consist of 30 cards which can be played as a preconstructed deck. For deck building you can take any 30 unique cards and use them as your deck.

I have plans for the first 5 expansions, but right now I need some playtesters for the core set. Take a look here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BwUds189Zg-6bURlN3NS... If you want to try it without printing all 18 pages of cards, just print the first 8 pages which will give you two 30 card decks.

This is my first post with BoardGameGeek, so hello fellow board game geeks. I was referred here by a local board game designers club. I'm willing to test out your game if you'll test out mine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Smiley
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Re: Rezonite - a two player, magical duel, card game
I went to look at the files and both said, "whoops, there was an error loading the following pages". I could see the first page of both rules and cards, but nothing beyond that.
I personally do not want to invest the time of doing all the PnP stuff, but perhaps someone else will. Proud of you for making a game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robyn Dawson-Ruiz
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Re: Rezonite - a two player, magical duel, card game
Thanks. It appears that only 1 page of each file is visible in the preview.

You can view all the pages by clicking the download button. It's at the top right hand side of your web browser once the preview is open.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rayburn
United States
California
flag msg tools
I'll give it a go! I've posted my card game, Primacy, in these forums only a few days ago so I haven't had a chance to look through what's currently up, thanks for posting!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robyn Dawson-Ruiz
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
unstablerobot wrote:
I'll give it a go! I've posted my card game, Primacy, in these forums only a few days ago so I haven't had a chance to look through what's currently up, thanks for posting!

Awesome! I'll take a look at Primacy. I'm in the middle of a minor update right now, and should have all the cards updated some time tomorrow.

The update is just a change in some of the wording in the cards and rules to make things more clear, so if you did print already it's fine. If you haven't I'd like you to wait for the updated version.

Edit: I have finished updating, and uploading the updated files to the drive folder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robyn Dawson-Ruiz
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
I'm still looking for play testers, or for people who would like to read through the rule book and give some feedback. I'm slowly building a local group of players, and it would be great to have some blind play tests.

If you like card games and magical duels give it a try. If you're also designing a game I would be happy to swap rule-books or print and play your game if you try mine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.