Subject: Group Move rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jwel
Belgium
flag msg tools
Hello,

Quote:
Up to 2 units and an attached Leader may move as a group.

As a leader can only be attached to only one unit and stacking limits are 2 units and 2 leaders we could have in an hex 2 units each of them attached to a leader.

With the quoted rule, do we have to understand that the 2 units and their attached leader may not do a group move ?

I don't think so but want to be sure
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Hung
Hong Kong
Wan Chai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good catch, Jwel. I am interested to know the answer as well. But I think it would be extremely odd to leave behind a leader in a group move.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doesn't it depend on either how well the two leaders get along or the seniority situation? whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P.
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
martimer wrote:
Doesn't it depend on either how well the two leaders get along or the seniority situation? whistle

HA! Yeah, you can be sure that one of the two leaders would think the move was a bad idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
really...?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jwel
Belgium
flag msg tools
martimer wrote:

If the leaders are Barnes and Elias, we have a clear answer on how the situation will be solved

Lawrence Hung wrote:
Good catch, Jwel. I am interested to know the answer as well. But I think it would be extremely odd to leave behind a leader in a group move.

Quite sure the answer will be that the group move is allowed because attaching / detaching a leader can only be done at the Attach Leader Phase. If we strictly apply the rule as it is written only a unit and its leader could move, the second unit could not join the group move because of its attached leader who did not receive the invitation
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is my assumption that the group move would be allowed in this instance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shayne Logan
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phrasing aside, yes the group can move as a whole as the rule simply states that an attached learner is required

Though I've never thought of the leader grudge match mechanic ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jwel
Belgium
flag msg tools
Thanks for the confirmation Shayne.

Being Belgian, English is not my mother tongue so even if I practice wargames since the 80' with good old titles from AH and VG I still may hesitate in correctly interpret a sentence, generally illustrated example of plays allows me to remove the doubts.

By the way I really find "weird" that a lot of illustrated examples of play which should have been present in the rulebook have been placed in a very exclusive "strategy guide" only available to "Deluxe" version pledger (even classic pledgers could not have it). I fully agree the KS backers must get exclusive items (campaigns, luck cards, dices,...) but here we are talking about a core item, the rules set. IMHO, not the best choice when presenting a new tactical system. I know you are doing videos but being of the "old school" I find it more efficient to a have an explained picture instead of 40' video where half of the time is spent in manipulating items.

I succeeded in getting OST and Stalingrad here in Belgium from a Belgian gamestore, proof that I was really motivated to get this new game and I must say I am very satisfied, game is gorgeous, just wanted to mention this annoying lack of illustrated examples.

Joel a Belgian OST fan cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.