Popular Tags: [View All]
Graham Charlton
United Kingdom
New Barnet
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
www.finchleygamesclub.org
mbmbmbmbmb
Yesterday I held in my hands a copy of Mare Nostrum: Empires. Very nice it looks too. Unfortunately it wasn't my copy of Mare Nostrum, just the copy I could have bought from my FLGS had I not been so foolish as to decide to Kickstart the project. Not a mistake I'll be making with this publisher again.

I'm actually not that bothered about delays, these things happen and there's plenty of other fun stuff coming out. But once it's actually done you kinda want to be first in line.

I've had an email from the company in Germany saying they will be shipping my order this week. So clearly what's happened here is that the retail copies and the Kickstarter copies were sent out at exactly the same time. Somewhat contradicts the "advance copy" claim on the Kickstarter.

Very disappointed with the whole affair. Shame on everyone involved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris thatcher
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Boardgame Guru have had it stock for at least 2 weeks (i got mine then), possibly 3. Presumably you get extra kickstarter bling though.

Ive never used Kickstarter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paweł Bedz
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Today ship that carries our games (non-english versions) is about to dock in Antwerp, Belgium Actually, it should dock there within next hour! From there games will travel to Asyncron and then to local distributors in different countries...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zoran
United Kingdom
London
Middlesex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There was no ETA with my email (or ETD for that matter - estimated time of dispatch).

Yes, one would have liked to have been privileged in receiving the product ahead of the stores, especially when it was a pledge of the Kickstarter. But there remain the few exclusives, early adopted add-ons and great price as privileges to enjoy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco Gasparetti
Italy
Trecastelli
An
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
EARLY DELIVERY

If you back us on Kickstarter, you will receive the game several weeks before the games arrive in any other retail outlets!

This is a lie or what?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gapsxever wrote:
Quote:
EARLY DELIVERY

If you back us on Kickstarter, you will receive the game several weeks before the games arrive in any other retail outlets!

This is a lie or what?

A lie it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rush
United Kingdom
Port Talbot
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is amazing about this whole fiasco is that the retail copy's that have been available for the last 2 weeks were on the same boat that the Kickstarter copy's were on.

That means that the retail copy's were off loaded at exactly the same time then shipped to the UK and other country's in Europe about 3 weeks ago while the backers copy's sat in a warehouse in Germany waiting for Academy games to send them the backers addresses for 3 weeks!!!

If as a company I had pissed off all my European customers I think I'd go out of my way to make sure the distributor had the names and addresses of the people still waiting for their games nearly a year after estimated delivery.

What I wouldn't do is cause further delays by not having my admin in order.

The funny thing is we're all over the moon at finally getting some news from the distributor but it has no delivery or shipping information on just that it will be delivered , well I know it would get delivered eventually so this is just a vague as all the updates from Academy games over the last 6 months.
Well at least their consistently useless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Similar experience to Graham's - the local shop has had it in stock since Monday. But I haven't received an email from the EU shipper. I emailed them, and they have told me that my name isn't on the list! WTF?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Teowulff wrote:
gapsxever wrote:
Quote:
EARLY DELIVERY

This is a lie or what?

A lie it is.

The good news is that Academy Games has announced that they are taking on more staff. Apparently there are four chaps who have returned from doing a bit of swimming at the Olympics, and Academy think that they will fit right in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Charlton
United Kingdom
New Barnet
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RDewsbery wrote:
Similar experience to Graham's - the local shop has had it in stock since Monday. But I haven't received an email from the EU shipper. I emailed them, and they have told me that my name isn't on the list! WTF?

I have at least had an email from the shipper, although nothing to say that it has now actually been shipped. So for all I know it's still sitting in a warehouse in Germany.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Allegedly (and I'm now prefacing everything I've heard from either source with that word) the list of backers was in two parts; one part already sent to the EU distributor, the other part to go out to them next week (?).

The distributor has sent out emails to everyone on part 1 (but doesn't yet know about part 2), and has started shipping games to people in part 1 but is working its way down the list.

So you might have your game, you might have your email with your game in the post, you might have your email but your game has yet to be posted, or you might have sod all.

Guess which of those four cases applies to me. All I've got so far is bitter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Charlton
United Kingdom
New Barnet
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RDewsbery wrote:
Allegedly (and I'm now prefacing everything I've heard from either source with that word) the list of backers was in two parts; one part already sent to the EU distributor, the other part to go out to them next week (?).

The distributor has sent out emails to everyone on part 1 (but doesn't yet know about part 2), and has started shipping games to people in part 1 but is working its way down the list.

So you might have your game, you might have your email with your game in the post, you might have your email but your game has yet to be posted, or you might have sod all.

Guess which of those four cases applies to me. All I've got so far is bitter.

What pledge level are you on? That might be the difference. I'm on the $60 early backer level and I haven't added in any extras.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soren Vejrum
United Kingdom
Richmond
Surrey
flag msg tools
London On Board - the largest semi-organised group of boardgaming dicks in the known universe.
badge
London On Board - the largest semi-organised group of boardgaming dicks in the known universe.
mbmbmbmbmb
I received a tracking (DHL-ParcelForce) email Wednesday and apparently my game ($65+buildings+dice) arrived in the UK and was released by customs Thursday evening - so hopefully delivery Saturday or Monday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hunt
England
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
Angry Imp Games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just arrived here in Lincolnshire, UK!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soren Vejrum
United Kingdom
Richmond
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vejrum wrote:
I received a tracking (DHL-ParcelForce) email Wednesday and apparently my game ($65+buildings+dice) arrived in the UK and was released by customs Thursday evening - so hopefully delivery Saturday or Monday.

Arrived this morning in London.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RandomGraham wrote:
What pledge level are you on? That might be the difference. I'm on the $60 early backer level and I haven't added in any extras.

I'm a CrowdOx backer (I missed the KS deadline due to a sudden and unexpected stay in hospital - hence my current avatar). Plus I've added the chips to my order. But I'm told by AG that the KS backers and CrowdOx backers ledges were combined into one shipment, without any differentiation between the two. And the extras clearly haven't delayed the arrival of the game in Lincolnshire (I only went for the chips - some people look like they ticked every option on the form!).

Just unlucky I guess. It's pretty much par for the course with me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RDewsbery wrote:
RandomGraham wrote:

I'm a CrowdOx backer (I missed the KS deadline due to a sudden and unexpected stay in hospital - hence my current avatar). Plus I've added the chips to my order. But I'm told by AG that the KS backers and CrowdOx backers ledges were combined into one shipment, without any differentiation between the two. And the extras clearly haven't delayed the arrival of the game in Lincolnshire (I only went for the chips - some people look like they ticked every option on the form!).

Just unlucky I guess. It's pretty much par for the course with me.

I'm in for everything but the large map. Day one early backer, got the first email the first day people started mentioning them. Nothing since. Really hoping to get email two tomorrow. Was hoping to be playing it this weekend - but I'll happily settle for next now.

Does seem a bit of a lottery as to how it's coming it, but I'm just happy it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Charlton
United Kingdom
New Barnet
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It arrived. Woo hoo!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zoran
United Kingdom
London
Middlesex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a second email, today, saying it's packed, ready to go. Hopefully get an "it's on its way' email by tomorrow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaz
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zemus wrote:
I got a second email, today, saying it's packed, ready to go. Hopefully get an "it's on its way' email by tomorrow.

Same here. Second email to say it's packed but no tracking email yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zippadeedoodah
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A copy arrived in Amsterdam today (English version). The boxes are finally spreading.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My second and third email came within two hours of each other, yesterday. It's now with ParcelFarce... Who don't have a tracker listing for the number.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Declan Noonan
Ireland
Limerick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Backed it what seems like a years ago!
A little bit aggrieved that I still haven't received it but some what happy to see that I am not alone.
Have had word that it is ready to be shipped but I remain skeptical until i have it in my hand.

Very disappointed that I can get it in my flgs even though I thought I payed for the privilege of receiving it before the shops.

Got very little satisfaction from an email from Academy Games after my complaint.

Live and learn
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
repairmanjack wrote:
My second and third email came within two hours of each other, yesterday. It's now with ParcelFarce... Who don't have a tracker listing for the number.

Picked it up this morning from my dad's place. He'd been out, so they signed for it themselves, in his name, then left it on the doorstep.

Happily it's ok, and all seems to be there. Even the poker chip tray is solid.

Delighted to finally have my paws on it. And it looks fantastic already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Walsh
Ireland
Lucan
Co Dublin
flag msg tools
mb
Mine has now arrived. 3 Temples missing, unfortunately, though it's not the end of the world.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.