Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » Rules

Subject: Mythos targeting condition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Owen Compton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been pretty happy with the lack of rules questions that I've had playing through the game so far (particularly given it's an FFG game, the move to Rule Reference book was a pretty good change for them, but I digress...) just have this one question that popped up the other day.

When a Mythos effect can target two investigators and it chooses to target the one that's suffered the most damage then does it still have an effect when neither investigator has any damage? Just because neither of them has any doesn't mean they can't both have the most? Or is it more that you either have damage or you don't?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rindfleisch
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If it is targeting the investigator with the most damage, and none of them have any damage yet, then this would fall under the "conflicts" rule, which is, you as the players decide which investigator gets targeted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Owen Compton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Inmat4251 wrote:
If it is targeting the investigator with the most damage, and none of them have any damage yet, then this would fall under the "conflicts" rule, which is, you as the players decide which investigator gets targeted.

This is what I assumed in the session, but there's an argument that neither of them can have the most damage as neither of them has any damage - that's the real lump of my question. If they have no damage then does the Mythos effect happen at all? You're correct that if we assume that the effect should happen then we would pick between which investigator suffers it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Cox
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I recall, in the mythos phase the app can ask if anyone is affected by the criteria attached to the mythos effect. Presumably, in this case if it asks then that suggests that if all investigators have no damage, no one is affected. Otherwise, there would always be someone affected and the app shouldn't need to ask if anyone's affected.

My suspicion is that an investigator is always affected in this situation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milan Mašát
Czech Republic
Praha
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Sacred Voice wrote:
Inmat4251 wrote:

This is what I assumed in the session, but there's an argument that neither of them can have the most damage as neither of them has any damage - that's the real lump of my question. If they have no damage then does the Mythos effect happen at all? You're correct that if we assume that the effect should happen then we would pick between which investigator suffers it.

Sorry for the opposing player but for almost 4000 years there is a concept of zero as valid value. It can be most if no other positive number is present.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.