Subject: Release Date? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Collin Pastorius
United States
Great Mills
Maryland
flag msg tools
Is there a projected release date for this game? I just saw Zee Garcia's review and loved the look and game mechanisms of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandan Parsons
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmb
This is an Essen release that will have a very small initial import in the US at the end of this year, with hopefully a larger release coming to the US sometime in 2017. The plan is to have the first import available by BGG con, but I don't have a timeline for the release next year.

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/193588/item/4788295#item4...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Ansari
United States
Moore
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brandaniel wrote:
This is an Essen release that will have a very small initial import in the US at the end of this year, with hopefully a larger release coming to the US sometime in 2017. The plan is to have the first import available by BGG con, but I don't have a timeline for the release next year.

That's quite disappointing. I feel like it's a missed opportunity to have marketing for a game that will have limited, if any, availability for the US. I was looking forward to trying it, I hope it does well enough to get a wider release.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Collin Pastorius
United States
Great Mills
Maryland
flag msg tools
Sir_Alex wrote:
I hope it does well enough to get a wider release.

Same here!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno cathala
France
st pierre en faucigny
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Sir_Alex wrote:
Brandaniel wrote:

That's quite disappointing. I feel like it's a missed opportunity to have marketing for a game that will have limited, if any, availability for the US. I was looking forward to trying it, I hope it does well enough to get a wider release.

It's disappointing for me as well...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandan Parsons
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmb
Patience gentlemen, Kingdomino will come to the United States. It is simply a matter of timing.

You see, Kingdomino is a Blue Orange EU game that is being released in the EU before the US. The same thing happened with Dr. Eureka last year (released at Essen 2015, came to the states early 2016). And as you are all hopefully well aware, Dr. Eureka is widely available for all those who want it.

However, unlike Dr. Eureka, we are importing a few copies of Kingdomino early so that the die-hard fans like all of y'all won't have to pay for the cost of importing the game from the EU (like many of y'all did last year with Dr. Eureka).

I assure you, Blue Orange US fully plans on supporting Kingdomino just as much Blue Orange EU. But we are separate companies, with separate schedules. I understand this can be frustrating, but good things come to those who wait.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Collin Pastorius
United States
Great Mills
Maryland
flag msg tools
Thanks for the info! I'm really excited to see this game come to life.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Vickers
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hang in there Bruno...you will get your copy soon enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MrHeinzzzz Ketchup
msg tools
I was wondering when it will be released in the netherlands. I was at Essen thursday but unfortunatly it was not available yet (they said it would be available friday). And I also heard something about an expansion. Will this also be available later on or was this Essen exclusive?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Peterson
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
Just found 1 lonely copy at my FLGS for $18. I snatched it up and played it last night. Super fun game! I like playing the extra bonus scoring if you complete your 5x5 with no holes and having your castle in the middle of your kingdom.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Collin Pastorius
United States
Great Mills
Maryland
flag msg tools
I've seen this coming into a few online retailers in the past couple of days. It's here in the U.S.!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Miranda
Brazil
Brasília
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
colcakes196 wrote:
I've seen this coming into a few online retailers in the past couple of days. It's here in the U.S.!

CoolStuffInc for less than 12bucks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.