Star Realms» Forums » Rules

Subject: Solo play first-turn hand size rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave B.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the standard solo challenge cards, do you draw three cards on your first turn, or go straight to five? There isn't a first-turn advantage to worry about here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kapish
United States
Barberton
Ohio
flag msg tools
Total unplayed games in my collection: 7
mbmbmbmbmb
The solo challenges included in the Gambit expansion are also used as the first 2 boss missions in the Star Realms app. The printed solo-challenges don't specify starting hand limits. In the digital version, users will start both missions with a hand of 3 cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dániel Lányi
Hungary
Budapest
* -Not Applicable-
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
andrewkapish wrote:
The printed solo-challenges don't specify starting hand limits.

they say "The players take the first turn. (...) Otherwise, normal rules apply" i can't think of any other rule applying in this case so i always thought that means 3 card starting hands
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave B.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wallwaster wrote:
andrewkapish wrote:

they say "The players take the first turn. (...) Otherwise, normal rules apply" i can't think of any other rule applying in this case so i always thought that means 3 card starting hands

That's what I've been assuming too, but with no first-turn advantage to consider, you never know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
davidbrit2 wrote:
wallwaster wrote:
andrewkapish wrote:

That's what I've been assuming too, but with no first-turn advantage to consider, you never know.

I have just been following the rules as written and taking three cards as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
reverendunclebastard wrote:
davidbrit2 wrote:
wallwaster wrote:
andrewkapish wrote:

I have just been following the rules as written and taking three cards as well.

I don't, because it seemed to harsh. And doesn't actually make sense. But it should have been specified on the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.