9 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: What's up with Butchers Devour Lantern AI card? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
D. R.
Lithuania
flag msg tools
Miss! Does no damage to Liquid Metal Slime!
mbmbmbmbmb
We just had our first showdown with Butcher and he completely annihlated 2 of our survivors with Devour Lantern.
That card alone shut down any successful hits (besides lantern 10) and made our fight against him miserable.

I already love the game, but I am surprised to see there's no mention about the unfairness of it
Seriously, he was down to the last AI card and the Cat Gut Bow survivor all alone almost ended that monster if only he had not crushed the precision of the other 2 survivors

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
TR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No mention of the unfairness? Really?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. R.
Lithuania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
t3clis wrote:
No mention of the unfairness? Really?

Well, I am completely clueless in regards what's going to happen further down the game, so I presume you thought this was cute when I expected to find people agonising over this card.

From my perspective, the game was HARD from the beginning (and random(ish)), but I felt everything was going pretty smooth and then out of nowhere this card shows up and completely wrecks things

You know, I thought the collective of community most likely experienced this aswell, early in their KDM career and might have had the same reaction I had, which is an interesting afterthought after the fight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
TR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, okay, you meant that there was no mention of that particular unfairness Yup, the "no spoilers" attitude here and there makes you miss small pearls like Devour Lantern.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
My first L1 Butcher had a deck that ended up being made only by one Devour Lantern and that one card that does brain damage and knocks down. Every turn we were almost helpless. We won in the end, but I forgot to apply its second Dreaded Trophies bonus for a long time, so... I suppose it was brutal.

My second L1 Butcher ended up in the infinite kick loop. He won.

So, be warned that the King's Man is THE WORST.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olli T
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just keep struggling, you'll learn to love the brutality.

We just laughed loud out when we saw the face of the new player in our group when his survivor grabbed and lost her head right after for the very first prologue Lion — before the guy had even had his very first turn in this game! That face was Priceless, I can tell. A lesson learned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
Migdolas wrote:
I already love the game, but I am surprised to see there's no mention about the unfairness of it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. R.
Lithuania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love and have embraced the brutality, but that card felt sooo out of place and destructive I just couldn't comprehend it!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HoboWithAShotgun wrote:
Just keep struggling, you'll learn to love the brutality.

We just laughed loud out when we saw the face of the new player in our group when his survivor grabbed and lost her head right after for the very first prologue Lion — before the guy had even had his very first turn in this game! That face was Priceless, I can tell. A lesson learned.

Get used to that I say. I've had showdowns where a survivor gets decapitated before they can even act. Stupid head fragility......

You'll be completely dismayed by some AI cards like those of the Phoenix, Slenderman, or Lion God.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.