Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paulo Segundo
Brazil
Belem
Para
flag msg tools
Hi folks,

My regular group has 5 players and we all are Lovecraft fans.

So, do you think this games is playable with 5 players? Do I need to do something at the set up to accomodate the 5th player?

I read at the rulebook that the number of clube cards are relevant to set the difficult of the game, being tied to number of turns. For 4 players, easy would be 6 turns, standard 5 and expert 4 turns per player.

By using the 44 clube cards in the game plus 4 evil stirs + 10 relics (per on the Brink rules for 5 players) the players deck would consist of 48 cards after giving 2 per player, wich will result in 5 turnos per player, excepto the last one (standard difficult)

What do you think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sal
United States
-
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think for this game the player count has more to do with the size of the map. The game might be too easy with 5 players when there's a total of 36 locations (I think). It might work though. Maybe someone who owns the game can give 5 players a shot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One of you should play for the dark side and each turn they get to do something to make it harder for everyone else. devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Segundo
Brazil
Belem
Para
flag msg tools
It sounds interesting!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Segundo
Brazil
Belem
Para
flag msg tools
zappshmeow94 wrote:
I think for this game the player count has more to do with the size of the map. The game might be too easy with 5 players when there's a total of 36 locations (I think). It might work though. Maybe someone who owns the game can give 5 players a shot.

I think there are 24 locations (6 in each town), which is half of regular pandemic. But original Pandemic has 48 player cards. PRoC has 44 clue cards, and sets difficult not by increasing the number of evil stirs, like original pandemic, but by decreasing the number of player turnos with fewer clube cards at the deck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.