Subject: EXTREMELY Interesting Game Mechanic Synergies in This Beauty!!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Randall COBB
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I have to say it was the theme that really sucked me in to the KS page initially, but it is the intriguing mechanic synergies that are keeping me there! I am relatively new to the hobby, but I have looked at thousands of games already and have never seen anything similar to Rise of Man: Stone Age! Sure I like card drafting, simultaneous action selection, tech trees, multi use cards, set collection, & hand management but I have never really seen them used in any similar fashion, especially with the resource level flip charts. Anyone else feel this way or am I just missing something? Either way, this is a very exciting game in my KS backs!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall COBB
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Kickstarter link here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/blackforeststudio/rise-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolai Broen Thorning
Denmark
Ebeltoft
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here, they had me at theme.

I shared the campaign on Facebook and a couple of boardgame friends asked me why I backed it, so I had to go see. Turns out, like you, I find the mechanics interesting too and the 45 minute time-frame fits perfectly for my wife and I.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the game looks very interesting. I love card drafting and this looks just so incredibly thematic and intricate. I hope the kickstarter campaign will start picking up some steam soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Sidwell
Canada
flag msg tools
Interesting looking game. Is there an ETA for this game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Hawk9 wrote:

It didn't get funded. Maybe they will try again at a later date.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolai Broen Thorning
Denmark
Ebeltoft
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lucky henry wrote:
Hawk9 wrote:

It didn't get funded. Maybe they will try again at a later date.

Correct. They want to try fund a couple of different games, smaller items, and then hopefully build up a bit of a following. Then at a later date they would like to try for Rise of Man again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Sidwell
Canada
flag msg tools
That's too bad...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.