United States
Kannapolis
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Core Set $19.99
Deluxe expansions $17.49
Small expansions range from $7.49 - $7.99

It's not a comprehensive list (there's only two deluxe exps available, for example), but there are deals to be had if you're looking at expanding your available card pool like I am.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan W
United States
Fairport
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am tempted to pick up another three cores (to add to the 3 I already have) so I don't need to proxy cards... I have problems.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you do feel like looking since you are current through 5 cycles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dru Strange
United States
Montpelier
Idaho
flag msg tools
mb
So for a new player is the Core set still the place to start? Do you need any expansions right off the bat?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Yavorski
United States
Kannapolis
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Druski619 wrote:
So for a new player is the Core set still the place to start? Do you need any expansions right off the bat?

The core set is going to get your feet under you as far as how the game is played and how all the mechanics work. There's not much in the way of competition to be had from one base set though. If you're just looking to play with friends, a core set is the perfect jumping off spot. If you want to be tournament competitive, you'll need much more than a single core set, but I'd say baby steps.

You'll need a core at the very least for the tokens and chits that come with it - those aren't available in any other A:NR product.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Druski619 wrote:

Pick up a core set, try out some starter decks from netrunnerdb.com that only use core set cards to see if you like the game and want to invest the time and money required to get the most out of it, and if so another sale will come around soon enough. This is CSI's 2nd big Netrunner sale this year with the same titles on sale for the same price. I'm sure it'll happen again at some point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Piquette
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Hello!
badge
I had to spend this geek gold on something
mbmbmbmbmb
I could save some money if I wanted to get into this.

I could save a lot more by not getting into it at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmie Hayes
United States
Knox
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The newest pack they have on sale is Android: Netrunner – Business First

So, if you're looking to pick up the newest packs, like me, you're a bit out of luck. It's a great deal for people just starting or trying to catch up though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theron M
United States
Hagerstown
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone is interested in going all in I am selling my collection in a geek auction:

Geek Auction

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Druski619 wrote:

Found some buying guides: https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&e...

CSI has free shipping at $100. Check the daily sales as well, and see if you also find something you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Yavorski
United States
Kannapolis
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam and Max wrote:
Druski619 wrote:

Found some buying guides: https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&e...

CSI has free shipping at $100. Check the daily sales as well, and see if you also find something you want.

Those are all still variations on the same "get comfortable with a core and then figure out what you like and go from there" that I've seen everywhere. I really really wish the reddit guide was updated for the current state of the game (or at last had the rest of the packs in there), so I could make a more educated decision on what I want to get.

Does anyone have any opinions on the Data & Destiny deluxe set which has NBN and the new runner factions in it? I really like playing NBN but really don't want the other half of my purchase to be useless. Also, are the NBN cards in there good ones if that, the core set, and the first few data packs are all I have?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ciffy wrote:
Sam and Max wrote:
Druski619 wrote:

Those are all still variations on the same "get comfortable with a core and then figure out what you like and go from there" that I've seen everywhere. I really really wish the reddit guide was updated for the current state of the game (or at last had the rest of the packs in there), so I could make a more educated decision on what I want to get.

Does anyone have any opinions on the Data & Destiny deluxe set which has NBN and the new runner factions in it? I really like playing NBN but really don't want the other half of my purchase to be useless. Also, are the NBN cards in there good ones if that, the core set, and the first few data packs are all I have?

I'm just getting started with the game myself so I can't vouch for this info, but here is a pretty comprehensive buying guide (although it isn't fully up to date) including info about Data & Destiny:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Netrunner/wiki/buyingguide

Their view is it's great for NBN, ok for Corp in general with its neutral cards, not so much for runners unless you have a deep card pool already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmie Hayes
United States
Knox
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ciffy wrote:

This is totally dependent on what your goal is. If you're just looking to have fun with the game, it's probably worthwhile. I wouldn't say that it's a must have because NBN plays well without it in a limited card pool. NBN was pretty strong before it came out.

If you want to be competitive, it's a must have. It has Global Food Initiative. That's really all you need to know.

I will say that you might want to take a look at the tournament decks used at the recent UK Nationals, http://www.acoo.net/anr-tournament/1363/uk-nationals-2016/

Four of the top six were NBN. Looks like they were all running about 8-9 cards from this set.

They all had:
3 Global Food Initiative
3 Resistor
1 Archangel
1-2 All Seeing I

Of course, except for GFI, these were all specifically chosen because they support the new identity that came out in 23 Seconds, NBN: Controlling the Message. They have huge trace. If that's not the flavor of NBN that you prefer, you probably won't care about them as much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Yavorski
United States
Kannapolis
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vliam wrote:
Ciffy wrote:

This is totally dependent on what your goal is. If you're just looking to have fun with the game, it's probably worthwhile. I wouldn't say that it's a must have because NBN plays well without it in a limited card pool. NBN was pretty strong before it came out.

If you want to be competitive, it's a must have. It has Global Food Initiative. That's really all you need to know.

I will say that you might want to take a look at the tournament decks used at the recent UK Nationals, http://www.acoo.net/anr-tournament/1363/uk-nationals-2016/

Four of the top six were NBN. Looks like they were all running about 8-9 cards from this set.

They all had:
3 Global Food Initiative
3 Resistor
1 Archangel
1-2 All Seeing I

Of course, except for GFI, these were all specifically chosen because they support the new identity that came out in 23 Seconds, NBN: Controlling the Message. They have huge trace. If that's not the flavor of NBN that you prefer, you probably won't care about them as much.

Thanks, I opted for 2 small data packs instead. I thought I only had the first couple of packs of the genesis cycle (bought my starter set second hand) but it turns out it included the whole of the genesis cycle, so I opted for True Colors and Breaker Bay, as they were the next sets that seemed most interesting to me that were also the most highly recommended according to various guides.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmie Hayes
United States
Knox
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ciffy wrote:
Thanks, I opted for 2 small data packs instead. I thought I only had the first couple of packs of the genesis cycle (bought my starter set second hand) but it turns out it included the whole of the genesis cycle, so I opted for True Colors and Breaker Bay, as they were the next sets that seemed most interesting to me that were also the most highly recommended according to various guides.

There's some good cards in those packs. Sweeps Week is a good economy bump. Gutenberg is some good Ice.

If you don't have Opening Moves yet, I'd suggest that as the next data pack you pick up because Jackson Howard is a staple of most corp decks.
Otherwise, I think you're doing it the right way. You can be pretty selective about picking up specific packs that just augment your play style. That's one of the nice things about buying later in the lifecycle of the game. A lot of us have bought data packs that we really don't touch anymore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Yavorski
United States
Kannapolis
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vliam wrote:
Ciffy wrote:

There's some good cards in those packs. Sweeps Week is a good economy bump. Gutenberg is some good Ice.

If you don't have Opening Moves yet, I'd suggest that as the next data pack you pick up because Jackson Howard is a staple of most corp decks.
Otherwise, I think you're doing it the right way. You can be pretty selective about picking up specific packs that just augment your play style. That's one of the nice things about buying later in the lifecycle of the game. A lot of us have bought data packs that we really don't touch anymore.

Thanks. Opening moves was one of the others I was looking at (Democracy and Dogma being the 4th, but it wasn't on sale), but since I'm still trying to build out all the factions to decide where I want to focus (esp on the runner side), I opted for a good mix, which seemed better served by the two I bought. OM will probably be the next pack I get if I keep with it. Just need to get more time to actually PLAY. =/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Duncan
United States
Bloomington
IN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Opening Moves is a good choice, but at this point, I'd suggest getting the World Championship decks instead. More useful cards in it than Opening Moves even if you don't play HB (Caprice, Ash, GFI, Turing, etc), plus a full set of full bleed Jacksons. Not as cheap as Opening Moves, though, as it just came out.

Ciffy wrote:
vliam wrote:
Ciffy wrote:

Thanks. Opening moves was one of the others I was looking at (Democracy and Dogma being the 4th, but it wasn't on sale), but since I'm still trying to build out all the factions to decide where I want to focus (esp on the runner side), I opted for a good mix, which seemed better served by the two I bought. OM will probably be the next pack I get if I keep with it. Just need to get more time to actually PLAY. =/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh B
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmb
How's the state of the game/meta?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmie Hayes
United States
Knox
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GlobeTrotting wrote:

All NBN all the time, apparently.

http://www.knowthemeta.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Duncan
United States
Bloomington
IN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"All NBN" is pretty misleading considering some of the major changes done to that faction lately -- in short, AstroScript Pilot Program has now been limited to 1 per deck via errata, which has radically changed the NBN gameplan. The new ID NBN: Controlling the Message, along with new powerful tagging cards (Hard Hitting News), and new powerful forms of tag punishment that aren't just meat damage (Exchange of Information) are revitalizing NBN as the "tracing/tagging faction" rather than as the "I won because I drew into all three AstroScripts" fast advance faction. Lots of people are very excited about these changes!

Additionally, for tournament play, a number of very powerful Anarch cards that perhaps warped the meta a bit (Faust, D4V1D, Wyldside) are now on the most wanted list, and have additional restrictions on them for tournament play. This coupled with some very powerful new cards in the last two packs (Temujin Contract, for instance) are leading to people playing more Criminal again, while not completely neutering Anarch. And Shaper has risen in popularity as well with a variety of crazy, fun decks (the Hayley Spycams deck that installed tons of hardware and trashed it all for econ).

Basically, people are more excited by the latest changes in the past two months than at anytime I've seen in the past 2 years. The game feels fresh again, to some extent, while perhaps paradoxically moving back to some of the original feel of the game that had been lost in the Faust and prison deck meta of the past six months. Knowthemeta is a great site, but aggregate data still occludes some of the interesting recent changes. Check out the top decklists from GenCon (two weeks ago) to get an idea of how the game has become instantly shifted to a more diverse and varied set of playstyles:

http://www.peachhack.com/2016/08/10/gencon-na-championship-t...

Beyond Whizzards and SYNCs, there was an Au Revoir Chaos Theory, an Apocalypse Kate, two 49 card Industrial Genomics kill decks, a couple of varieties of HB: Engineering the Future, and some Data Leak Reversal MaxXes. I can't recall ever seeing such variety in the top 8 of a major tournament (no NEH fast advance, no Andysucker, no PrePaid Kate).

I'd almost quit the game a few times in the past year and I'm glad I didn't. This is a perfect and exciting time to get back on board, as everything is up for grabs and lots of new experimentation is happening!

vliam wrote:
GlobeTrotting wrote:

All NBN all the time, apparently.

http://www.knowthemeta.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Duncan
United States
Bloomington
IN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GlobeTrotting wrote:

Also, I couldn't stop seeing this card in my head when I read your post, which probably indicates I just play too much Netrunner:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.