Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Jones
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Oooh, looking forward to mine arriving now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jealousy.... gulp

I still have to wait until Monday for mine; but I do have a tracking number, therefore a package en-route.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Meltzer
United States
Dover
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Eight ball, corner pocket
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the non-foil heroes being sent at the same time, or do we wait extra for those?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atomic Robo
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HUARGH!

There's been an accident, nooooo! This is bad, this is real bad!

I was pulling out my box of Heros because my KMC Perfect Fit sleeves seem a little tight on the foils and.

So of course I had time to take photos. Every, single, released, hero. EVERYWHERE!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atomic Robo
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mizerak wrote:
Are the non-foil heroes being sent at the same time, or do we wait extra for those?

Everything else comes later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LL6869 wrote:
HUARGH!

I was pulling out my box of Heros because my KMC Perfect Fit sleeves seem a little tight on the foils and.

So of course I had time to take photos. Every, single, released, hero. EVERYWHERE!

Da horror!

Post the new hero powers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atomic Robo
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dorktron2000 wrote:
Da horror!

Cleaning, then sleeving, then everything. ;P

As a taste (I'm on Reddit ATM too)
Freedom Five Bunker:
Tactical Uplink
Power: Reveal and replace the top card of each hero deck. If you reveal a mode, put it into play. Another player may put the top card of their deck into play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm envious! Mine arrives Saturday
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atomic Robo
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aaaand done with the first sleeving! Time for the Hyper Mattes! For those who haven't stopped by Reddit, anyone want hero spoilers?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Sweat
United States
Boiling Springs
SC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's driving me nuts!

I got the delivery notification early this morning and know...it's there...calling me...waiting for me...so shiny...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atomic Robo
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just finished the double sleeve and they fit in the box... but holy crap it is TIGHT. Like they won't be staying in that box until I get my non-foil alternates and then they'll live there.

On a related note, KMC Hyper Mattes are super nice to touch and use, but they really do bring down the level of detail you'd want to see on these foil cards.

Anyone double sleeving, I would suggest a more clear (possibly cheaper) outer sleeve than these.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dérek Boily
Canada
Québec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LL6869 wrote:
HUARGH!

Oh god! Hopefully, no villains around, or it would have been the downfall of our heroes...

Also, talking about sleeves... I absolutely loathe the premium mayday ones (they somwhow split open quite often and are not even the same width...) and I'm usually going with the ultra-pro for the hero character cards. But could anyone tell me what the ABSOLUTE best option would be? (The little ultra-pro icon in the bottom left corner kind of annoys me, for no good reason other than it hides approximately 0,01% of the character card art.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well..."Absolute Best Option" (TM) is a matter of opinion. Everyone wants something a bit different when sleeving.

That said, for me the KMC Perfect Fits are just that: perfect. Minimal sleeve that is sturdy enough to do the job and do fit perfectly. Hopefully I won't run into fitment issues when my box arrives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Absolute best option is Dragon Sleeves. They're relatively pricey, though; sold in boxes for 100 for $10.

My usual go-to is Fantasy Flight for clear sleeves or Ultra Pro for colored sleeves.

Personally, I don't bother sleeving Sentinels, though. I usually sleeve games for fear of uneven wear, and that's never gonna be a problem with Sentinels since each deck is discrete.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atomic Robo
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
claudermilk wrote:
Well..."Absolute Best Option" (TM) is a matter of opinion. Everyone wants something a bit different when sleeving.

That said, for me the KMC Perfect Fits are just that: perfect. Minimal sleeve that is sturdy enough to do the job and do fit perfectly. Hopefully I won't run into fitment issues when my box arrives.

This, you can get a pack of a 1000 KMC Perfect Fit sleeves on Amazon for like 27 bucks at the moment. (I've seen them dip as low as 21 when I don't need a new batch.) shake

They fit the cards very snugly and have hardly any 'head' room. They're for exactly what I did with the foils, which is double sleeving. That said, I have the rest of my Sentinels in just basic perfect fits and it's awesome.

One of my friends has some perception issues. So he doesn't notice when his hands get excessively dirty and he has a hard time telling if he got them absolutely clean. So of course instead of him being fastidious about hand washing, I get to gently wipe chip, grease and salt residue off a deck of sleeves after he leaves if he was snacking. For me, sleeving is freaking amazing and required.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atomic Robo
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dorktron2000 wrote:

There might be some repeats here as I'm not 100% on what's been spoiled already.
Freedom Five Legacy (32)
Overwatch
Power: You may either move an environment card in play to the bottom of the environment deck or one player may play a card.
Incaps
} One player may play a card, even if they would otherwise be prevented.
} One hero may use a power, even if they would otherwise be prevented.
} One player may draw a card, even if they would otherwise be prevented.

Freedom Five Bunker: (29)
Tactical Uplink
Power: Reveal and replace the top card of each hero deck. If you reveal a mode, put it into play. Another player may put the top card of their deck into play.[/q]
Incaps:
} One player may draw a card.
} Select a hero. Until the start of your turn, reduce damage dealt to that hero by 1.
} One environment target deals 1 target 2 Fire damage.

Freedom Five Absolute Zero (28)
Pilot Light
Power: Absolute Zero deals himself 2 Fire damage. If he takes damage this way, search your deck for an Ongoing card and put it into play, shuffle your deck.
Incaps
} Destroy an environment card.
} Each target deals itself 1 Cold damage. } Until the start of your next turn, increase all damage dealt to and by targets by 1.

Argent Adept Kvothe Six String is now simply The Argent Adept, the power is Dark Dynamics.

Xtreme Prime Wardens Haka (32)
Die Hard
Power: Select a hero character card, until the start of your next turn, redirect all damage that would be dealt to that target to Haka instead; where Haka is dealt damage this way, he regains 1 HP.
Incaps
} Each Target regains 1 HP
} Until the start of your turn, this card counts as an indestructible 0 HP target.
} Until the start of your turn, targets cannot regain HP.

Xtreme Prime Warden Fanatic (28)
Kill the Spirit
Power: Fanatic deals target 1 Radiant damage. Until the end of your next turn, redirect all damage dealt by Fanatic to that target.
Incaps
} Select a target, until the start of your turn, all hero damage is redirected to that target.
} Destroy a target with 1 HP.
} Destroy an Ongoing card.

Ra: Setting Sun (28 HP) (Credit to mrthesend on reddit for typing this before I could!)
Blaze of Glory
Power: Ra deals each non-hero target and himself 2 irreducible fire damage. Destroy one of your ongoing cards. Remove the top 2 cards of your deck and trash from the game.
Incaps:
} One player may either draw or play a card
} One hero deals 1 target 10 irreducible fire damage. Remove Ra from the game.
} Destroy each non-hero target with 4 or fewer HP. Remove Ra from the game.

Extremist Skyscraper (33)
Normal Improvise
Power: You may either play a link or move a link from your trash to your hand. Play the bottom card of your deck.
Incaps
} One player puts the bottom card of their deck into their hand.
} One player may put a card into play.
} Switch to a different size incapacitated Extremist Sky-Scraper Card.

Huge Upheaval
Power: Destroy an environment card. If it was a target, Sky-Scraper deals 1 target 3 Projectile damage. If not, Sky-Scraper deals each target 2 Sonic damage and switches to her normal character card.
Incaps (Oblivaeon has Sky-Scraper in a choke hold on this side, and he's bigger than her by a fair bit.)
} Until the start of your turn, reduce damage dealt by environment cards by 2.
} Select an environment target. Redirect the next damage dealt by that target.
} Switch to a different size incapacitated Extremist Sky-Scraper Card.

Tiny Intravenous Assault
Power: Sky-Scraper deals 1 target X irreducible Toxic Damage, where X is the number of Links on that target plus 1. Either destroy a Link or switch to your normal character card.
Incaps
} One player moves a card from their trash into their hand.
} One target deals itself 1 irreducible toxic damage. } Switch to a different size incapacitated Extremist Sky-Scraper Card.

.... I believe that's all the cards for all of the currently released heros that were unknown.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Paton
Canada
St. Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will there be tracking numbers for Canadian shipments I wonder. And I also wonder when they'll show up? I'm going to get really tired of avoiding spoilers for the next while.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atomic Robo
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, the squishiest heroes in the game from a quick scan (other than the Southwest Sentinels.) Void Guard Writhe (19), Writhe: Cosmic Inventor (22), Argent Adept: Dark Dynamics/Kvothe (23)

The toughest heroes in the game from a quick scan (and purely based on HP.)
Akash-Thriya (50), Akash-Thriya: Spirit of the Void (40), Prime Warden Haka (35)

Akash-Thriya must have some sort of self-damaging mechanic... that is CRAZY!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Akash'bhuta would play targets that would deal damage to it when destroyed. It's entirely possible Akash'thriya has a similar mechanic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LL6869 wrote:

The toughest heroes in the game from a quick scan (and purely based on HP.)
Akash-Thriya (50)

Wow, 50HP is a lot. She must play similarly to her villain version where she takes damage equal to any targets from her deck that get destroyed or something. I'm really excited to see her deck in action as well as the Harpy, Benchmark and Void Guard decks. Also stoked for more environments, just wish there were going to be more than 2 in OblivAeon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dorktron2000 wrote:
Also stoked for more environments, just wish there were going to be more than 2 in OblivAeon.

I agree with this. A shame that we will never see any more official ones

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atomic Robo
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MontyCrisco wrote:
dorktron2000 wrote:
Also stoked for more environments, just wish there were going to be more than 2 in OblivAeon.

I think they didn't shut the door on this completely. Basically the story is done and there won't be any more big boxes or promos, but it's possible they might eventually come up with a good idea for something and produce that. (As a single pack, like the Omnitron IV factory or Ambuscade villain single pack. Might even produce a hero pack and include an alternate ability card in the pack!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MontyCrisco wrote:
dorktron2000 wrote:

If you haven't already, check out some of the fan-made environment decks here on BGG. There are some really fantastic ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take Walker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Ra: Setting Sun

What the actual hell

I'm craving those incap powers, though. And I love everything about Extremist Sky-Scraper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.