4 Posts

War of the Ring (second edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: 3 Player Game Rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Dexter
msg tools
mbmbmb
I don't often play the 3 player rules. Can someone clarify the rules for using consecutive actions on one nation? Here are a few questions:

1. Can I use the last action of turn and the first action of the next turn both on Gondor (or another nation)?
2. Can I recruit one regular in Gondor and one regular in Rohan with one die and then again with the next die?
3. Can I play one character die to move a dwarf army, then pass (giving the player I am attacking one turn to move himself to react) and then use another character or army die to move that dwarf army again? In other words does passing count as an "action?"
4. Can I use one die to attack with one army and then the next die to recruit into that nation?

I encountered a lot of questions on exactly what I was allowed to do. It seems it is very hard for the free peoples player to storm a stronghold when you can only use every other die (if passing doesn't count) to move that army.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. No.
2. No. The next action cannot involve either Nation.
3. No. Passing is not an action.
4. No.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Dexter
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks. What about an event card that involves a nation? Does that also count as an action?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.