49.2% of Goal | left

Support:

Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
http://abcnewsgo.co/2016/08/abc-live-poll-who-are-you-voting...

I guess I don't understand how Trump is so far ahead in this poll; does anyone have an explanation? Is it an old poll, or attached to a conservative news site? I'm curious if it will change much over time.

Gary Johnson is even beating Hillary in this poll.

[Posted when there 156,309 total votes.]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Seguin
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:

I guess I don't understand how Trump is so far ahead in this poll; does anyone have an explanation? Is it an old poll, or attached to a conservative news site? I'm curious if it will change much over time.

All the people that listen to Limbaugh were told to go to that website and mark "Trump"?

Perhaps if polls with these kinds of results exist because people like Limbaugh are pushing them, so that then Trump can cry "cheating" when he loses in November, and have evidence of it?

And finally, people who are interviewed on the phone don't want to admit that they will vote for Trump, because if the poll-taker has your phone number, they probably have other information about you, and you want to avoid being "outed" as a Trump supporter - but in an anonymous online poll where no one knows anything about you, then you can come clean and admit to voting Trump since it is untraceable?

Just my "explanations" that could or could not be plausible. I am not saying any of these things are true. I was just speculating on a "why", because I don't think a "why" can actually be answered. But it does seem odd in light of the fact that it is on a "neutral" news site, and not some "right wing" pro-Trump blog or something like that.

From the time you posted your number to the time I saw the results, the number is now 156,393. Trump has 70% of those votes.

Odd, indeed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Can people vote more than once.... voter fraud IS real!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bartosh

Sunnyvale
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Because it is a random internet poll and those are literally the easiest thing to stuff in the universe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:

This is not a scientific poll. Meaning that its not made up of a randomly selected group that is representative of the American electorate. It's self-selected people who go on to vote. Like Christopher said it could be that some talk show host is encouraging people to go vote on it.

These types of online polls are typically useless or worse than useless if people use that as an indication of actual numbers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Betcha' DJT cites it at a rally . shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Seguin
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rcbevco wrote:

Not unless you know how to clear your "cookies".

I voted once, then closed the page. I then went back and tried to vote again, and I could not.

Of those 156,000+ votes that were cast, how many do you think came from people who took the time to vote, cleared their browser cookies, then voted again (and even repeated the process multiple times)? I would imagine it would be a rather small sampling, as many people actually hate clearing their cookies (or even KNOW how to do it), and hate when they get cleared by default (I know I do).

I suspect the "voter fraud" is not as high as you might think. If it is that high, then I would be surprised that there are that many people smart enough to know how to clear their cookies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Seguin
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rcbevco wrote:
Betcha' DJT cites it at a rally . shake

Like I said, he may use this as evidence of "cheating" when he loses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
Sarxis wrote:

They're hardly a conservative site, that's for sure.

Interesting results. I wonder how skewed it is because it's anonymous?

Ferret
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
chrisnd wrote:
Sarxis wrote:

All the people that listen to Limbaugh were told to go to that website and mark "Trump"?

Interesting...cite? If you can give me a date/time when you heard him say that I can clip that audio and post it here.

Ferret

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:
Sarxis wrote:

Ferret

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
Shaman
mbmbmb
It's what andrew said - online polls are the easiest to sutff in the world.

At the most basic level, its a self-selected rather than a random sample.

Also there are plenty of polls of this type that have been messed up with botting. I don't know what ABC's security is like hto.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:
Sarxis wrote:

Ferret

It's probably legit and accurate. It clearly demonstrates Trump should receive around 10x as many votes as Clinton in the general election.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
mrspank wrote:

It's probably legit and accurate. It clearly demonstrates Trump should receive around 10x as many votes as Clinton in the general election.

No it's a good and fair point.

The other thing I wonder about is how Trump has almost 3 million more Twitter followers, and many thousands more likes and retweets per post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Goch
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chrisnd wrote:

Of those 156,000+ votes that were cast, how many do you think came from people who took the time to vote, cleared their browser cookies, then voted again (and even repeated the process multiple times)? I would imagine it would be a rather small sampling, as many people actually hate clearing their cookies (or even KNOW how to do it), and hate when they get cleared by default (I know I do).

Any number of 4chaners or trump redditors (a significant overlap there) could and would do such a thing. Hundreds of times each if they felt it necessary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:
mrspank wrote:

The other thing I wonder about is how Trump has almost 3 million more Twitter followers, and many thousands more likes and retweets per post.

I'd follow Trump on twitter (if I even had an account) who doesn't want to be at the zoo when the monkeys start flinging poo at each other?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
It's fairly easy to "buy" Twitter followers and retweets. He's also cornered the market on white supremacists.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm reasonably certain that Clinton will NOT finish behind Johnson and Stein. That's all you need to know about the validity of this "for funs" survey.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:

Do you think all the current scientific polls are wrong since they all show Trump losing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
Sarxis wrote:

Do you think all the current scientific polls are wrong since they all show Trump losing?

Of course not! We all know Science is never wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
mrspank wrote:
Ferretman wrote:
Sarxis wrote:

Ferret

I suspect that may be optimistic, but I like your enthusiasm!

Ferret
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Seguin
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:
chrisnd wrote:
Sarxis wrote:

Interesting...cite? If you can give me a date/time when you heard him say that I can clip that audio and post it here.

Ferret

No, no, you misinterpreted me. I said I was giving "explanations" that were purely speculative, and said that I do not know if any of them are true or not. Limbaugh could be telling his audience to purchase apples from Haiti for all I know, I don't listen to him.

I was only speculating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Badolato
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rcbevco wrote:

Personally, I like to vote early and often.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Sandy Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All I know is this will be me on election night if Trump somehow wins

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:
jmilum wrote:
Sarxis wrote:

Of course not! We all know Science is never wrong.

Do you agree that Trump is currently losing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.