Hide
8 Posts

Cry Havoc» Forums » Rules

Subject: In 2-3 player which tactic cards are played for the trogg side? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Saturn
msg tools
I 2-3 player game when Trogs are a side in combat it is a little bit unclear for me which tactic cards can be played for the Trog side. Does the Trog-controling player play his own cards from his own hand? Or does the Trog faction have their own 'Trog hand'?
I am almost certain that it's the first option but it just seems thematically strange why i.e. Human tactic cards are involved in a Pilgrims vs Trog battle. For example, does it make any thematic sense when the Trog-comtroling player (Human faction) play 'Air support' for Trogg side? (Humans capturing some lonely Trog and dropping them from a plane on the battle field? :>.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Leitner
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is the first option. The player representing the Trogs in a battle uses their own cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was under the impression that the trogs don't use tactic cards in a 2-3 player game. Somebody just places the trog units on the objectives and then that's it. The player battling them can use tactic cards if they want but where does it say someone can use tactic cards to help the trogs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neilan Naicker
msg tools
mbmb
In the box in the bottom left of page 10:

"When battling the Trogs in games with 2 or 3 players, the first player to the left of the player fighting against the Trogs controls the Trogs in Battle. This includes placing Trog Units on Battle Objectives and playing Tactics cards from their hand."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Derderian
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
So their hand means the player on the left or from the Trogg deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Regan
msg tools
serdel_pl wrote:
I 2-3 player game when Trogs are a side in combat it is a little bit unclear for me which tactic cards can be played for the Trog side. Does the Trog-controling player play his own cards from his own hand? Or does the Trog faction have their own 'Trog hand'?
I am almost certain that it's the first option but it just seems thematically strange why i.e. Human tactic cards are involved in a Pilgrims vs Trog battle. For example, does it make any thematic sense when the Trog-comtroling player (Human faction) play 'Air support' for Trogg side? (Humans capturing some lonely Trog and dropping them from a plane on the battle field? :>.

We have played this with the Trogs using the Trog tactic cards, but I would love an official answer from the publisher.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Hawkins
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Darric wrote:
In the box in the bottom left of page 10:

"When battling the Trogs in games with 2 or 3 players, the first player to the left of the player fighting against the Trogs controls the Trogs in Battle. This includes placing Trog Units on Battle Objectives and playing Tactics cards from their hand."

As written, in the most traditional sense, this dentotes that the Trogs have their own hand.

If it meant that cards come from the controlling player's hand, the rules should have said "... and playing Tactics cards from his or her hand".

However, it could be that the rules-writer just has a liberal attitude regarding formal grammar. (In my opinion, not the best choice for a rulebook!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing wrong with the grammar. I totally missed this part in the rule book first time i played. I was unaware that the player used their own cards but its clear in the rules. In a 2-3 player game the trogs are not played by anyone. So in that excerpt it says the first player to the left of who is involved in the battle controls the trogs. So when it says play cards from their hand then its obviously talking about the person controlling the trogs in that battle at that time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.