Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom McVey
United States
SF Bay Area
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I missed the prelist for the Arachne Solara resin mini. Can I still get it as a separate add-on without pledging at the highest level (I'm pledging at the second-highest level).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tmcvey wrote:
I missed the prelist for the Arachne Solara resin mini. Can I still get it as a separate add-on without pledging at the highest level (I'm pledging at the second-highest level).
Yes, it's listed at a price of $25 in the add on list.
The prices for all add-ons are listed towards the bottom of the Kickstarter page
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom McVey
United States
SF Bay Area
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ze_German_Guy wrote:
tmcvey wrote:
The prices for all add-ons are listed towards the bottom of the Kickstarter page

Sorry, just saw that - I use the KS iOS app, and it doesn't do a good job of showing the add-ons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tmcvey wrote:
Ze_German_Guy wrote:
tmcvey wrote:

Sorry, just saw that - I use the KS iOS app, and it doesn't do a good job of showing the add-ons.
No worries, I figured it was something like that.
Even on the PC it can be overlooked since it's so far down the page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
I work for Petersen Games. AMA
mbmbmbmbmb
tmcvey wrote:

Just to clarify - it's not resin.
We ARE making a resin version of her, however, but it's only available at the Greater God level (where all the resins are).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
existoid wrote:
tmcvey wrote:

Just to clarify - it's not resin.
We ARE making a resin version of her, however, but it's only available at the Greater God level (where all the resins are).
This got me wondering what exactly the differences are. I know it's a different type of material, but what concrete differences does it make? More detail, easier to paint, or something else entirely?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
United States
Carpentersville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Resins have way more detail and hold their shape better (less floppy bending). They also look less waxy.

On the downsides resins do break easier and *can be* harder to paint if you don't wash with soap and water first (the mold release agent sticks more to resins).

Here's a good side by side:
https://boardgamegeek.com/image/3092866/glorantha-gods-war?s...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.