Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
MS-06 Zaku II
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the game a few days ago and last night I started reading the rule book. The 2P section is ok, I can understand how it works.

However, when I went into Solo rule section, it's very difficult to understand. Firstly the rule is not very clear what should be done, secondly there is no example to follow.... roll or re-roll, modifier, ace..etc

I am totally lost.

To be honest, I bought this game most likely for solo...very disappointed after reading the rule.

I wish the designer can re-write the rule with more examples, such that as a new player we can pick it up much easier
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony C
United States
Holly Springs
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Subscribed!
I had the same experience. I just could not get into the solo play, it didn't click with me. I put the game away for quite some time and was actually ready to sell/trade it. I watched a how-to-play video and the twoplayer game clicked in just a few minutes. I kept the game and backed the season 2 kickstarter.

That said, I still haven't played solo. It can't be that much different but it's just not making it into my head.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Luchetti
United States
Glastonbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dtcarson wrote:
Subscribed!
I had the same experience. I just could not get into the solo play, it didn't click with me. I put the game away for quite some time and was actually ready to sell/trade it. I watched a how-to-play video and the twoplayer game clicked in just a few minutes. I kept the game and backed the season 2 kickstarter.

That said, I still haven't played solo. It can't be that much different but it's just not making it into my head.

Same! The rule book is a little confusing but the Watch it Played rules video is fantastic.

The part I had the hardest time with at first was how to compare rolls for pitching, hitting, etc. it started to make sense when I saw that the batter will swing when he rolls high ... Then see if that swing is at a strike (making it hit) or a ball (missing and giving the batter a swinging strike). If the batter rolls low he doesn't swing, then see if it's a pitch in the strike zone or a ball ...

I dunno if this helps but the way the rule books lays it out can be confusing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Fox
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
if you go to the season 2 kickstarter called the clubhouse, they redid the rulebook and you can download it. It is much better

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MS-06 Zaku II
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thx for your info. But from the KS page I could not find the link to download the file, can you place the URL here?

Thx again
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Chambers
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I found a couple of videos on Youtube, that were really good at showing the solo variant. They helped me out quite a bit to understand what the heck was going on with the solo variant. Because you are correct, the solo rule set was incomprehensible.

This one is a 3 part: https://youtu.be/1sCMzXjIwek

And there's this: https://youtu.be/FzkSMG7RJzk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Fox
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry they uploaded the 2nd edition of the rules here in the files section. They just talked about it on the kickstarter. Sorry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Revised rules:

Bottom of the 9th - Official Game Rules

Best video for understanding the solo rules:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.