Legendary: Civil War» Forums » General

Subject: What's Your Favorite Card in Civil War (So Far)? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Rios
United States
California
flag msg tools
So the game has been out for a couple weeks now, some have had it longer, what is your favorite card to play with so far?

Any card surprise you with how fun or powerful they can be?

Mine so far (no particular order):

1) Tigra (Particularly for her rare card...sue me)
2) Vision
3) Cloak/Dagger

Granted, I have not touched most of the cards yet, but these have been my favorite so far.

Bonus Question: Anyone come up with any fun/challenging combos using schemes from this expansion with Masterminds, villains, etc. from other expansions/sets or vice-a-versa?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Vantries
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Speedball
Stature
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
Forsyth
Il
flag msg tools
mbmb
Haven't got it yet, but I'm looking forward to Nick Fury and his Dark Alliance with Maria Hill using S.H.E.I.L.D. related villains/Adversaries.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing has specifically jumped out at me so far. The Divided cards are still a negative distraction for me. I'm enjoying Fortify, even when it's used against me, and the Masterminds have been challenging enough though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Rios
United States
California
flag msg tools
Thud105 wrote:
Nothing has specifically jumped out at me so far. The Divided cards are still a negative distraction for me. I'm enjoying Fortify, even when it's used against me, and the Masterminds have been challenging enough though!

I haven't played with Divided cards enough yet to have an opinion. I had no problem with Cloak/Dagger, but maybe that's because all their abilities were pretty awesome. Them being "Divided" makes no sense because they are a team and were on the same side in Civil War too...

Anyway, if a sequel was ever in the works for us to play from the Pro-Registration side of things, I wonder if there is going to be second thoughts on "Divided," unless it's too late into production to back peddle...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My favourite stuff so far has been the size-changing Heroes, Stature, Goliath, Hulkling. Love how the Divided cards make you choose between Size-Changing recruit bonuses.

I really want to break out Stature's rare 'Trample the Tiny' on Maria Hill and the SHIELD Elite.

Speaking of which, Agent 13's fortify effect is a beast with Maria Hill and the rest of the SHIELD Elite. I let her escape and was quickly drowning in SHIELD officers.

Also, honourable mention for Hercules' rare. It's awesome, like 'Covert Operation' on steroids.

Finally, particularly fun combos:
Stature vs Baron Helmut Zemo: I kept having to choose to KO all the high VP villains I'd defeated so I could maintain the attack boost for Villains with low printed attack.
Authoritarian Iron Man with Great Lakes Avengers: Squirrel Girl in Iron Man's fortified space = (practically) unbeatable!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tulis
msg tools
mb
Truth re Iron Man + Squirrel Girl (even moreso with the +1 fortifying scheme - imprison unregistered superhumans i think?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All of them? Seriously, I love everything in this set. But, if I were to pick favorites:

best artwork: Penance and Baron Zemo
most annoying (but still favorite) villain: Iron Spider

Among the heroes, I love Daredevil (especially combined with Wiccan!) and Speedball, as well as Falcon and Stature.

Peter Parker seems to be one of the weakest Spideys out there, but I still like his cards a lot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We've only done 2 matches so far - but the MVPs of those games were Secret Avengers Cap (particularly as we're only using cards from this set - so his "Secret Avengers Assemble" card becomes amazing), Stature and Cloak & Dagger.

Villains wise - Iron Spider is a downright pain in the butt, I love him. She Hulk is terrifying.

We had the Imprison Unregistered Superhumans scheme, and the CSA Marshals as one of the villain groups - when Venom popped, both me and my brother went "Oh, f**k". If he escapes - very dangerous.

Also - Mandroids are by far the toughest Henchmen group we have... especially in 2 players, where you can't divvy up the workload... a 7-cost henchmen is a real tough cookie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hogan
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I really like Goliath's deck. If you start rolling him early, you can dominate with such low costs to his cards w/ size-changing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hogan
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
IronSyndicate wrote:

Villains wise - Iron Spider is a downright pain in the butt, I love him. She Hulk is terrifying.

Iron Spider is a little ****
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poland
flag msg tools
mb
Hulkling, Goliath and Stature rule

I try two team's:

* Goliath, Stature, Beast, Dr. Octopus, Winter Soldier.
* Hulkling, Groot, Rogue, Colossus, Soulsword Colossus.

Both teams is awesome and really powerful

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.