Subject: Getting (re) started rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Conley
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
Life is too short not to live it up a little!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, everyone! Planning to get together with a few other folks for boardgaming this Saturday. It has been a long while since playing my first two (and only two) sessions of SoM.

My close friend and gaming buddy played those sessions with me earlier this year. Sadly, he passed away about the end of April. I'm guessing that could, in part, explain my reluctance to play again. Of course, we would both laugh at this since the REAL reason has more to do with the fact that he knew his way around the rules better than I did...

I plan to view some videos again to prepare. Will have as many as 4 players total including myself. None of the others have played before.

These questions have been asked before, but I failed to find them in the forums. I'm looking for your recommendations. How many map tiles would be best?

I have printed out a number of help files from BGG. Have any of these been updated since April?

I'm sure we'll play with the easy rules. Any other suggestions for our session?

Of course, we could very well end up playing games that other folks bring. shake But that's okay. I need to get going with this great game again!

Thanks for your help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Pleasant Hill
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I created two files on BGG that are up to date. Here are the google versions:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9zEMR85W_GaOXBvNDdER0ZTYV...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9zEMR85W_Gac1RJU3p3MFluZz...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Conley
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool! Thanks, Greg!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Pleasant Hill
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yosemite wrote:
These questions have been asked before, but I failed to find them in the forums. I'm looking for your recommendations. How many map tiles would be best?

I'd say 2 tiles would be best. You could each split off in teams of 2, one on each map. Then you could converge to attack the Guardians as a group of 4, once you were equipped enough.

One tip: When fighting a Shadow, I often Withdraw after I whittle it down to 2 health or below and let the Guardian finish it off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Ridley Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yosemite wrote:
Hi, everyone! Planning to get together with a few other folks for boardgaming this Saturday. It has been a long while since playing my first two (and only two) sessions of SoM.

My close friend and gaming buddy played those sessions with me earlier this year. Sadly, he passed away about the end of April. I'm guessing that could, in part, explain my reluctance to play again. Of course, we would both laugh at this since the REAL reason has more to do with the fact that he knew his way around the rules better than I did...

I plan to view some videos again to prepare. Will have as many as 4 players total including myself. None of the others have played before.

I have printed out a number of help files from BGG. Have any of these been updated since April?

I'm sure we'll play with the easy rules. Any other suggestions for our session?

Of course, we could very well end up playing games that other folks bring. shake But that's okay. I need to get going with this great game again!

Thanks for your help!

Sorry to hear about your friend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Conley
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, John. At 53, he's gone far too soon. Such a great guy and such a blast to game with. Or do anything else with for that matter!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Felli
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
All my condolences on your loss, Dan. I wish you and your friend's family peace.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Conley
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Jim!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Conley
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So...quick update. I guessed correctly and we did not play SoM today. Bummer. BUT I did have a chance to do a pitch for the game to two of our folks and they are intrigued. So I see a session in our future.

Thanks for the suggestions and encouragement. I felt FAIRLY prepared for today, so I should be fully prepped for when we do play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Ridley Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you tried SoM solo?

I have not been able to get my group to play but still keep for solo play. I stare at a computer screen all day so sometimes relaxing with card board instead of a video game is a good way to unwind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Conley
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't, John! Have given it some thought...and moreso now!

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.