4 Posts

Super Dungeon Explore» Forums » Rules

Subject: Clarification on Auras/Augment rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zach Randolph
msg tools
Hello All!

I have been checking out the forums and everyone seems so helpful I wanted to see if I could get some clarification on what targets are eligible to receive the effects of an Aura that is listed as an Augment and an ability that is listed as an augment.

Here are the examples where I seem to be finding some confusion with my group:

Royal Paladin's "Iron Halo" ability it is listed as "Augment, Aura 3, +1 Blue Die ARM". My understanding here is that the aura would only affect other friendly models within the area of effect, but would not affect the Paladin himself since the rules on page 16 in the classic rulebook state "Actions with Augment are actions that may only target or affect friendly models."

The counter example I'm running into a wall with is Sister of Light's support ability "Purification". The ability is "Augment, Cross 2, Heal 1".

My question here is would the heal, since it is self target only due to the Augment's range, also Heal the Sister of Light hero or only heroes within the Cross 2 Area of Effect? Does the Hero itself count as a Friendly model or do the Augment rules refer only to Friendly models outside of the Hero itself?

Based on the way the rules are worded it sounds like only the targets in the Area of Effect would be healed, but I wanted to make sure I have a proper understanding of how the rules function so I am not removing a benefit from the Royal Paladin of the Sister of the Light for the heroes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and thank you for taking the time to read my post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevin Beattie
United States
West Hollywood
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Friendly models include all of the models on your team, as opposed to enemy models which are the ones on your opponent’s team.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Randolph
msg tools
Thank you very much for the quick responses and the clarification!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.