Star Wars: Rebellion» Forums » General

Subject: First game of Rebellion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Russell Blitz
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What a great game. After nearly four hours of great play, the imperials were one move away from winning when the rebels pipped them at the post. Very finely balanced. Great stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kelly
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a good one, all right. Fastest 3-4 hours in gaming.
TK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Blitz
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, not quite as close as we thought.
I was playing Imperial.

Rebels won after playing Death Star Plans to destroy one of my two Death Stars, thus gaining the two points on the track to catch the time token.
This was his first turn in the round.
My first turn on the round was going to be move entire fleets into Bespin in readiness for the next turn to move the fleet into Endor, where I knew he was hiding - the base was relatively unprotected, so should have been a walkover in the ensuing battle, and there was nowhere for him to run to (well,one place, but it would have been obvious and over in the next go too). I had plenty of leaders left to move things around pretty freely.

The rebel player misread the Death Star Plans card. The space battle that allowed him to destroy my death star didnt take place where the death star was (I have checked this morning and it clearly says "in this system")

So, what was a close victory to the rebels should've been a resounding win to the Empire, all because of a misread card...

Still, a great game nonetheless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
blitzoid wrote:
The rebel player misread the Death Star Plans card. The space battle that allowed him to destroy my death star didnt take place where the death star was (I have checked this morning and it clearly says "in this system"

... Where and how exactly did the rebel player think Death Star plans would be used to destroy the Death Star, thematically? Did they ever watch a Star Wars movie?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
mbmbmb
Maybe the watched The Phantom Menace and saw how the droids remotely shut down after the Control Ship was destroyed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.