Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Evans
United States
stroudsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So my wife barely plays any games. Carcassonne is actually the only game besides Love letter that she likes. She likes fairly "mindless" games because she says she's thinking constantly all day solving problems and doesn't find it fun to do it in a game.
Do you think she would enjoy this based on this? If not, any suggestions?

thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Hopkins
United States
Converse
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Basically all you do in Agricola is think and solve problems, so I'm not sure it would go well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
caric wrote:
She likes fairly "mindless" games because she says she's thinking constantly all day solving problems and doesn't find it fun to do it in a game.
Do you think she would enjoy this based on this?

Agricola is a wonderful game, but based on this it's really really not what you are looking for.

Check out the recommendations forum at https://www.boardgamegeek.com/forum/8/boardgamegeek/recommen...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
caric wrote:
So my wife barely plays any games. Carcassonne is actually the only game besides Love letter that she likes. She likes fairly "mindless" games because she says she's thinking constantly all day solving problems and doesn't find it fun to do it in a game.
Given what you've described, I have to agree that this is probably not the game for her. It's one big puzzle of how to most optimally use your actions to get victory points while still managing the not-inconsequential task of simply putting food on the metaphorical table.
Given that she likes Carcassonne, I might suggest Lanterns, Splendor or one of the Ticket to Ride games. If you have a group of people that you play with, perhaps Dixit or Bohnanza.

Unfortunately, most strategy games boil down to some kind of problem solving, so the pickings might be a little slim.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Evans
United States
stroudsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gotcha, thanks all for you feedback and suggestions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could always try the Family Edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Larsen
United States
Salt Lake City
UT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Agricola is def not for her.

Check out Isle of Skye: From Chieftain to King. It uses similar tile-placement rules as Carcassonne, but the game is very different. I recommend it because it's very possible she'll enjoy it based on her liking of Carc, and it provides more of a strategic game for you to sink your teeth into.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Evans
United States
stroudsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mohnkern
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
caric wrote:

thank you!

Yeah, everyone has it right, you've basically described the exact opposite of what this game is, it requires a lot of thought and planning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.