$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 113.29

6,943 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
43.8% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » News

Subject: Startrek.com's Voyager Repaint preview rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Boardgame Geek
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright, great to see something show up, I was starting to get worried.

http://www.startrek.com/article/attack-wing-wave-26-voyager-...



Although the repaints are simple they will go a long way with people who haven't picked up the game yet... I still find it VERY odd that Wizkids never refreshed the starter. arrrhzombierobot
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They probably have warehouses full of the original starter sets to go through still before they can even consider reprinting it.

The game did not exactly sell as well as they had hoped. While it does have a loyal fan base and is relatively successful, it is not nearly as popular as even the fans would want it to be. I'm sure that they were hoping to at least reach the numbers that FFG hti with X-Wing, but despite (in my opinion) Attack Wing being a better and more fun game, it hasn't come close.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, they sold enough to do a second printing with new dice and antimatter mines art back in 2014. Not exactly the behavior of a company that's sitting on a few years' worth of overstock.

(I call it the "second," but there may have been others before it, and there have almost certainly been many since; the only reason we know about that one is because it was visibly different.)
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ender02 wrote:

The game did not exactly sell as well as they had hoped.


That is not true at all. At the 2015 GAMMA Trade Show WK reported that STAW amounted to 17% of their total profits and they were impressed by that because their original projections were only 11%. 6% above what they originally predicted is not an indication of a product that isn't selling well.

Now I would agree that OP attendance is not what they want but it appears that they game is doing well for WK.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Mullineaux
United States
Fridley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, bought in at two of the second sarter with new dice. Still lovin the game and in absence of anything much to buy of late do wonder if they can keep up sales.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Mullineaux
United States
Fridley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If memory serves, wasn't this one more expensive due to all the stuff packed into it? I wouldn't mind a ship only retail for early adopters, just sayin...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nah, the only ones with a higher MSRP were the bigger models, like the Tac Cube and the Xindi Weapon (and DS9 and the assimilation cube, of course).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wood
United States
Cambridge
Vermont
flag msg tools
"Ahh! The aroma of several adventure games emanates from your person."
badge
"Save early, save often."
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it's quite well priced considering the contents. Personally, I liked picking this set, because the x5 shield tokens are nice to use to de-clutter the game space. Was planning to pick up a few more since I've gotten a friend into the game. ^^
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EduSun Trebor wrote:
Yeah, it's quite well priced considering the contents. Personally, I liked picking this set, because the x5 shield tokens are nice to use to de-clutter the game space. Was planning to pick up a few more since I've gotten a friend into the game. ^^



Voyager does come with a lot of extras. All of the Borg tokens are fun too.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ellis Norris
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Mr S Baldrick wrote:
Ender02 wrote:

The game did not exactly sell as well as they had hoped.


That is not true at all. At the 2015 GAMMA Trade Show WK reported that STAW amounted to 17% of their total profits and they were impressed by that because their original projections were only 11%. 6% above what they originally predicted is not an indication of a product that isn't selling well.

Now I would agree that OP attendance is not what they want but it appears that they game is doing well for WK.


Well, I mean, *technically* ender is right...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.