Guillaume B
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi,

I drew the following two cards:

Because this is the "STOP" card, I cannot draw my second free card. I wish to lose the fight to dismiss this aging card. However, the "cost" is only 1 life (1-0=1) but I need to pay 2 life to destroy this aging card.

Does this mean that I cannot dismiss this card when losing the fight? Or I could pay 2 life and destroy this card? Or I must pay 1 life to draw another card in the "hopes" that I will draw a "-1" which will force me to pay 2 more life and allow me to destroy the aging card?

The rules state that you cannot spend additional life points to destroy additional cards (my translation from the French rules), but in my case, I don't want to destroy an additional card, just one card.

When I am losing a fight and I have to spend, for example, 3 life points to dismiss the fight (losing it), I've always played that I could either destroy 3 normal cards, or 1 normal card and 1 aging card. Should I have played that I can destroy 3 cards, but if one of those cards is an aging card, I must pay an additional life (pay 4 life even is the "delta" is 3)?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Btȝ patrem nrum, Benedictum
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always played as you have. Example if I have 3 life points to pay I can destroy 3 normal cards or 1 normal and 1 aging, but not 2 aging. I think that's the intent (so in your situation you need to take your point down to -1 to destroy the aging card).

I think its widely agreed the instructions for this game are far from clear in several cases (although I've never seen this example come up before).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Quallen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've run into this exact situation more than once. I've always played it that you cannot destroy the card and must instead pay 1 life point to lose this battle, retaining the STOP card.

GameSnake wrote:
When I am losing a fight and I have to spend, for example, 3 life points to dismiss the fight (losing it), I've always played that I could either destroy 3 normal cards, or 1 normal card and 1 aging card. Should I have played that I can destroy 3 cards, but if one of those cards is an aging card, I must pay an additional life (pay 4 life even is the "delta" is 3)?

No, this is not kosher with the rules. The first part of the rule you posted says "You are [not] allowed to ignore (some) fighting points on your face up fighting cards..." That means that you cannot 'make up' fighting points--positive or negative--in order to eliminate whichever cards you'd like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Kent
United Kingdom
Cambridge
flag msg tools
mb
Hi

I'm not sure it's that unclear. When you lose a fight and have to pay a number of life tokens, you can then use the number of tokens you pay to destroy unwanted cards you have played - but you cannot use more. So in your example, when you lost you paid only 1 life token, so you could destroy a 1 token card. You can't destroy the aging card you played, as it would require 2 tokens.

TDM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henning Kröpke
Germany
Ascheberg
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
GameSnake wrote:
Hi,
Does this mean that I cannot dismiss this card when losing the fight?

Correct. If you lose only 1 life token, you cannot destroy an aging card.

Henning
(2F-Spiele)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume B
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks all for the replies.

I manager to win and have 50 points at level 3. What's the maximum people have had at level 3 or 4?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Ron
United States
Miami
FL
flag msg tools
GameSnake wrote:

Thanks

I believe you've been playing correctly and destroying normal 3 cards or 1 aging and 2 normal cards when having to spend 3 life points.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when you spend life this way you defeat the Hazard and it becomes a Robinson card, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark James Schryver
United States
Pulaski
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No. You only spend life this way after you've lost the fight. Paying life is the penalty for losing a fight; it doesn't reverse the loss into a win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.