Vast: The Crystal Caverns» Forums » General

Subject: Solo Play? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
N P
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Would this game be worth buying strictly for solo play? Are all classes solo play capable?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't tried it yet solo, so I can't speak to the first part, but I know that all roles except the Cave are playable solo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Furman
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It's a fun game solo as well, and I have enjoyed several games that way.

Only the cave has no solo ability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leder
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules for which do exist they were just too long for inclusion. ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Furman
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
GreenM wrote:

Really? So you'll post them at some point??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc S
United States
Collegeville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I really enjoy the solo games.

GreenM wrote:
Oh! Do want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leder
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
They eventually got turned into the Architect which might be a later setting-horror. I will see if Kyle wants to post the Architect at some point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ Harris
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
GreenM wrote:
They eventually got turned into the Architect which might be a later setting-horror. I will see if Kyle wants to post the Architect at some point.

Every single bloody thing you say is intriguing. You knock that off right this instant, mister!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad

Indiana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So far I've played 3 solo games: Knight, Dragon, and Goblin.

What I find most interesting is each solo game is fun thanks to the solo variants written for each one. I also like that there are various difficulties that you can use if you find the game too easy or too difficult.

My favorite solo right now is probably Knight because I love RPGs. This really feels like I'm dungeon diving and leveling up a character. I'm collecting loot and smashing crystals all while trying to survive the goblin ambushes. Then, if I'm unlucky, the cave will start falling in on my Indiana Jones style and I'm bolting toward the exit with my bobbles hoping to survive!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zac petersen
msg tools
I bought it for the solo play. I haven't played yet but I am working up to it. The really cool thing about the solo play is that instead of having 1 game with one goal you can play each of the classes/roles and therefore you have 4-5 solo board games packaged into one game.

I would recommend it just on that basis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leder
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
cromusz wrote:
So far I've played 3 solo games: Knight, Dragon, and Goblin.

What I find most interesting is each solo game is fun thanks to the solo variants written for each one. I also like that there are various difficulties that you can use if you find the game too easy or too difficult.

My favorite solo right now is probably Knight because I love RPGs. This really feels like I'm dungeon diving and leveling up a character. I'm collecting loot and smashing crystals all while trying to survive the goblin ambushes. Then, if I'm unlucky, the cave will start falling in on my Indiana Jones style and I'm bolting toward the exit with my bobbles hoping to survive!

I will admit I like the Knight the best so much so we might have an announcement about it soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SuperBrian
United States
Ringwood
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GreenM wrote:
I will admit I like the Knight the best so much so we might have an announcement about it soon.

much0gust0 wrote:
Every single bloody thing you say is intriguing. You knock that off right this instant, mister!

What he said!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.