2 Posts

Tanks: Panther vs Sherman» Forums » Variants

Subject: Stats for other Tanks rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
DB Draft
New Zealand
flag msg tools
I have had a couple of games of tanks so far and it has been fun with 3 or 4 people per side running a single tank. But I want to try out some experimental house rules for tanks that I have. Obviously they will come out with the official rules, but it seems that only tanks in plastic are being marketed for this.

Here are some tanks I would like to add NOW:

Tiger
Tiger II
Jagdtiger
Hetzer

Churchill (75mm)
Churchill Crocodile

General Lee/Grant
Stuart MkV
Wolverine
Hellcat
Jackson

It would be fun to come up with some simple rules for Tank Destroyers that allow them to "shoot and scoot" (like the German special rule). Also for light tanks to find a useful role. Maybe giving them better defense in cover.

I will expand on these ideas some more and look forward to feedback or your own interpretations.

First Up:

Tiger
Attack: 5
Defense: 2
Damage: 8

Heavy, Slow, Warhorse, Blitzkrieg

Heavy: The Defense value does not decrease for side shots.
Slow: Speed 1 only.
Warhorse: When rolling Defense dice a roll of 6 can cancel 1 Critical or 2 Hit results.

The 88mm is comparable to the Panther 75mm. Being limited to speed 1 may seem too harsh but the Blitzkrieg move is therefore more useful.

EDITED: Added Warhorse idea. Limiting it's speed to 1 is actually making it the same as a Defense 1 tank that has moved speed 2, so it is not really useful, but being able to cancel out 2 hits may help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DB Draft
New Zealand
flag msg tools
I should point out that I do not own the rules myself, just played the games at the local club so I do not know all the stats for the existing tanks or their points cost.

Regarding the Tiger I would say that their Initiative should be in the high range, at least 7 or 8 as these beasts would have very experienced crews.

Churchill (75mm)
Attack: 4
Hull: 7

Heavy, Slow, Semi-Indirect

Slower than a Tiger (reflected by the lack of Blitzkrieg move).

Churchill Crocodile (flamethrower)
Attack: 4*
Hull: 7

Heavy, Slow, Semi-Indirect, Flamethrower Trailer*

Flamethrower Trailer
This flamethrower weapon can be fired instead of the main turret. It can only be fired ahead of the tank. Place a move template in contact with the front of the Crocodile. If the template overlaps ANY tank then it is automatically hit. They will take 4 Critical damage cards, but can subtract 1 card per speed they were moving. So a tank moving at speed 2 would only take 2 Critical cards. This weapon can only be used 3 times in a game to represent using up the fuel in the trailer.

M18 Hellcat

Attack: 5
Defense: 0
Hull: 5

Fast, Tank Destroyer, Gung-Ho

Tank Destroyer
If this tank is stationary and in Cover then it can add an extra Defense die. If it did not move more than speed 1 then it may make a Command check immediately after shooting. If it passes (4+) then it may make another speed 1 move. For the rest of the turn treat it as having moved the combined speed of both moves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.