Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
MS-06 Zaku II
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Beside the event card and the theme (park vs life), somehow this game reminds me "CV".... don't ask me why
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kate Finch
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ah3Dog wrote:
somehow this game reminds me "CV"

Is that a good thing? I've not played CV so I'm not sure

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Long
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ah3Dog wrote:
somehow this game reminds me "CV".... don't ask me why

I've only played CV once and I can see that the stacking cards and points per icons might be similar. The blueprints are a bit like the life goals. But I think the gameplay in Unfair and CV are quite different. [=Innovation][/] also has icons that are revealed but again Unfair has different gameplay.

Unfair has more tactics in building your park - it has an economic feel with building for stars early and then building for points later. The attractions are built up with new upgrades, rather than replaced in CV. This adds to the feel of the park expanding and being more popular with customers

The events are also tactical as each event card has two choices - often advantageous to me or detrimental to my opponent. This means if you have a poor round it's due to the City events, opponents event play and/or my own choice of events. CV feels more random as your icons are based on dice rolls.

Unfair has a lot more player interaction. And not just direct interaction, but tension from threat and brinkmanship.

But you have raised a good question - what games is Unfair like? It's somewhat like Imperial Settlers without the multiple resources and adds the events and blueprints. We find it very enjoyable and very replayable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.