45.8% of Goal | left

Support:

Henry Allen
United States
Longwood
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say you can move an object out of the way in order to allow entry to a building. Do you put the object back afterwards or leave it set to the side?

In what cases (if any) is something moved by a bullet put back in its previous position?

Assuming bullets can move objects, is it a valid tactic to shoot at a downed cowboy just to try and move him? Same for objects and buildings?

If a cowboy is knocked (by a bullet or from being ejected from a building) into the entry threshold of another building (or all the way in), does he now automatically enter that building?

Since there is a limit to two Cowboys per team in a building, what exactly do you do if a third enters (accidentally or otherwise).

The rules say if any part of the movement disk crosses the threshold of the buildings base, the cowboy successfully enters the building. Does this mean at the end of the shot or at anytime during the shot? I.e If my shot crosses the threshold and deflects back into the town, is my cowboy in the building and or is this treated as a failed shot (or is the cowboy now considered to be successfully moved to the new location if no other object was hit besides the inside of the building base)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
KlydeFrog wrote:
The rules say you can move an object out of the way in order to allow entry to a building. Do you put the object back afterwards or leave it set to the side?

Personally I leave it where it is.

If you fail and displace the 'set aside' scenery, you reset it back to the position it was immediately prior to the failed entry attempt. Not back in front of the door.

You wouldn't reset displaced scenery back to one side, and then move it again, back to it's original blocking position. It seems odd to rewind backwards two positions.

KlydeFrog wrote:
In what cases (if any) is something moved by a bullet put back in its previous position?

Only cowboys that have been 'knocked over' by a ricochet from anything. Bullets are always classed as fired (unlike failed movement which never happens). Grazes are ignored, displaced stuff always takes the hit.

KlydeFrog wrote:
Assuming bullets can move objects, is it a valid tactic to shoot at a downed cowboy just to try and move him? Same for objects and buildings?

Yes.

KlydeFrog wrote:
If a cowboy is knocked (by a bullet or from being ejected from a building) into the entry threshold of another building (or all the way in), does he now automatically enter that building?

No, only the movement disc allows entry.

KlydeFrog wrote:
Since there is a limit to two Cowboys per team in a building, what exactly do you do if a third enters (accidentally or otherwise).

Leave him in the doorway.

KlydeFrog wrote:
The rules say if any part of the movement disk crosses the threshold of the buildings base, the cowboy successfully enters the building. Does this mean at the end of the shot or at anytime during the shot? I.e If my shot crosses the threshold and deflects back into the town, is my cowboy in the building and or is this treated as a failed shot (or is the cowboy now considered to be successfully moved to the new location if no other object was hit besides the inside of the building base)?

Place him where the disc finished its rebound move. As long as it didn't strike anything else it's not a failed move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Allen
United States
Longwood
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for clearing that up!

The only knock on questions then are around Cowboys in a doorway. Since they can be put into the doorway by richochet they could start their turn nestled up in the doorway where it would be very hard or impossible to flick them out due to the building in the way. Next time he activates, Would you just space the cowboy out from between the building bases to make room to flick/shoot?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
KlydeFrog wrote:
Thanks for clearing that up!

The only knock on questions then are around Cowboys in a doorway. Since they can be put into the doorway by richochet they could start their turn nestled up in the doorway where it would be very hard or impossible to flick them out due to the building in the way. Next time he activates, Would you just space the cowboy out from between the building bases to make room to flick/shoot?

You could always take two flicks to get into a new/better position. Fairer than skipping the nasty corner you've ended up in.

We use one hand to press a finger onto each of the bases, to keep it firm, and flick with the other, from under the rear of the building.

On the rare occasions we find there isn't enough room, our final method is to perform a kind of push using the top of the disc.

Generally in this situation, you're in for a lousy move with the first action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.