Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
richard dibello
United States
dillsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Whenever I click on a game I wanna look at the screen goes completely white, the menu bar status line goes a little bit like it wants to open...then just stops with the screen completely blank. Using Safari 5.0.6

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
flag msg tools
       This space              intentionally              left blank.
badge
richarddibello wrote:
Using Safari 5.0.6

That will be your problem. The game pages have been redeveloped using a lot of fancy new technologies, and are now completely (and rather foolhardily) dependent on modern JavaScript features, which aren't supported by Safari 5, since that's an absolutely ancient browser (released in 2010 and superseded by Safari 6 in 2012; the current version is Safari 9).

I don't know why you're using such an ancient browser, which will have an extremely large share of security issues, but I strongly recommend updating to its latest version, or if you can't, downloading, installing and switching over to a different browser like Firefox.

edit: Actually, reading up on that specific version of Safari, I strongly suspect you're using a Power Mac with OS X 10.5 (Leopard), right? In that case it's primarily your OS which is outdated, and neither Firefox nor Chrome is even available for it anymore.
However! There's a fork of Firefox which is being kept up to date and is aimed specifically at running on OS X 10.4 and 10.5. TenFourFox. That should give you a whole lot of important security updates, plus modern web technologies, and give you a pretty decent chance of successfully seeing the game pages (and probably a whole swath of the rest of the internet which will also not be working for you right now).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.