$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 64.45

4,556 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
28.7% of Goal | 29 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Cthulhu Wars» Forums » News

Subject: HPL's birthday tomorrow rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sandy Petersen
United States
Rockwall
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
I wrote the first-ever Lovecraft game.
mbmbmbmbmb
In celebration, a local coffee shop (well, in Frisco) named Nerdvana is hosting a Lovecraft Game Day from 11am to 9pm.

I'm going to be there fer sure!

Its at 5757 Main Street, Frisco, Texas

http://nerdvanafrisco.com/
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
Germany
Rhein-Main-Gebiet
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It is my birthday, too. Hard to share it with a genius.

Everybody near Aschaffenburg, Germany is invited for a round of CW! Just drop me a line.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E J
msg tools
While I like HPL's work, the fact is that the man himself was a raging bigot. Thus I choose not to celebrate his birthday.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Laine
United States
Whittier
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
His birthday is TOMORROW!?! My wife is extremely pregnant right now, due date a week from Sunday but it could happen any time now. I just stared intently at her belly willing labor to begin until she got weirded out and told me to stop.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McD
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Void2258 wrote:
While I like HPL's work, the fact is that the man himself was a raging bigot. Thus I choose not to celebrate his birthday.


Indeed, enjoy the work but don't celebrate the man.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Storm
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmb
Sandy, why must you continue to reside in the remote country of Texas???
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Boberson

North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BlackSpy wrote:
Void2258 wrote:
While I like HPL's work, the fact is that the man himself was a raging bigot. Thus I choose not to celebrate his birthday.


Indeed, enjoy the work but don't celebrate the man.


It was a different time. It does not excuse the bigotry, but does help to put things in perspective. I'm sure you could find rampant racism and sexism in other authors' work during this same period.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buckley
United Kingdom
Abingdon
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bobacles wrote:
BlackSpy wrote:
Void2258 wrote:
While I like HPL's work, the fact is that the man himself was a raging bigot. Thus I choose not to celebrate his birthday.


Indeed, enjoy the work but don't celebrate the man.


It was a different time. It does not excuse the bigotry, but does help to put things in perspective. I'm sure you could find rampant racism and sexism in other authors' work during this same period.


I think it was pretty standard for most people at the time, and in fact most of history.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Storm
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'll enjoy the work

I will celebrate the man whilst acknowledging his flaws
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernard Gourion
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
What bothers me here is that about all i know from HPL is that he was surely racist during a time of this life but i also remind me he wasn't bigot at all ! i remind he proclaims himself to be atheist (i think he wrote that in his huge mail correspondance (around 10 000 pages if i remember well...)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claus Appel
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mb
miesdeldolor9 wrote:
His birthday is TOMORROW!?! My wife is extremely pregnant right now, due date a week from Sunday but it could happen any time now. I just stared intently at her belly willing labor to begin until she got weirded out and told me to stop.

Hail the Spawn of Yog-Sothoth! \m/
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Laine
United States
Whittier
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SpectrumDT wrote:
miesdeldolor9 wrote:
His birthday is TOMORROW!?! My wife is extremely pregnant right now, due date a week from Sunday but it could happen any time now. I just stared intently at her belly willing labor to begin until she got weirded out and told me to stop.

Hail the Spawn of Yog-Sothoth! \m/


Sadly no Spawn has appeared yet, so he won't be sharing his birthday with HPL. shake

If I'm lucky though he should arrive on Monday, August 29th. The due date is the 28th, but I was born March 29, my brother was May 29, and my dad was February 29! It'd be great if 3 generations of Laine men were all born on the 29th, especially since my dad was a Leap Year baby.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Storm
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm Aug 29 and a huge HPL fan. Go 29 !
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.