Subject: Question on "Here Be Monsters" Blueprint (Pirate deck) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Desiree Greverud
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
what exactly is meant by "Each largest attraction has a flagpole"?

"Largest" implies a single item, while "each" refers to multiple. Neither seem to refer to the item in the top half of the card.

so what/which attraction(s) require a flagpole?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Finch
Australia
Carindale
QLD
flag msg tools
designer
My hat? Definitely not a mind-control alien, no.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've taken the view that "largest" means "no other thing is larger", which means that more than one thing can be largest.

For example, if your park has attractions sized:

5, 7, 2, 7, 1

Then 7 is the largest number, and both of the attractions with 7 are the largest.

If there is more than one attraction with the largest number of icons, then each of them must have a Flagpole to meet the blueprint.

Happy to have suggestions on wording that clarifies that though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Long
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule book defines largest attraction as "largest icon size". Should that read "most icons"? You could add "If there is a tie for the attraction with the most icons, then all tied attractions are considered the largest ride."

The blueprint could read "Largest attraction (or all largest attractions" or "Largest attraction(s)".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Finch
Australia
Carindale
QLD
flag msg tools
designer
My hat? Definitely not a mind-control alien, no.
mbmbmbmbmb
Befefig wrote:
The rule book defines largest attraction as "largest icon size". Should that read "most icons"? You could add "If there is a tie for the attraction with the most icons, then all tied attractions are considered the largest ride."

The blueprint could read "Largest attraction (or all largest attractions" or "Largest attraction(s)".

Thanks, I'll make sure I tidy up those places where it's mentioned.

I definitely want clarity, but parentheses seems so inelegant
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.