41.9% of Goal | left

Support:

michael brown
United States
SANDY
Ut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just found out about this contest, and have had an idea floating around in my head for a while, so what the heck?

The game is about a dragon's captives trying to escape from her clutches.

That is all.

I'll have a game in 11 days for sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael brown
United States
SANDY
Ut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [WIP] The Dragons' Game - 2016 microgame contest - not ready yet
Ok, I have made a prototype and played it three times so far (editing the rules in between each game). It is possible to play all the way through, but the game has still never been smooth.

The art work is also really rough, but that has never bothered my playtesters in the past, and it isn't bothering them now.

Here are the pnp files: http://goo.gl/xpq81T
Here are the rules: http://goo.gl/D9loAW

I also made an attempt at a logo, but it isn't really that good.

I will probably spend more of my remaining time on making the game play better, but I will have to spend some time making it look better, since I know that that sells.

Considering that I am 6 days into designing this (3 of which were dreaming up mechanics - not even playtesting it or anything), I think that it is going pretty well so far.

Here's to hoping that I end up with a good game by the end

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael brown
United States
SANDY
Ut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [WIP] The Dragons' Game - 2016 microgame contest - Finally ready
Ok, I playtested it 12 more times (which is a pretty high number of times considering I had less than 2 weeks to make the game), and since I am pretty much out of time, here is the 'final' version.

I spent a long time tonight making artwork for it, so it looks OK.

I will probably continue to test it and hopefully make it better, but for this contest I am out of time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael brown
United States
SANDY
Ut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [WIP] The Dragons' Game - 2016 microgame contest - Nearly complete
I just looked over everything, and realized that I need to make a few more tweaks to the rules and cards. I will repost when I am done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael brown
United States
SANDY
Ut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I fixed the errors. It should be good now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.