7,858 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
49.5% of Goal | left

Support:

Jeff
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
There's no simple explanation for anything important any of us do, and yeah the human tragedy consists of the necessity of living with the consequences, under pressure, under pressure. -Courage (For Hugh Maclennan): The Tragically Hip
badge
We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream. -Gift Shop: The Tragically Hip
mbmbmbmbmb
In Blood Bowl: Team Manager - The Card Game players loosely take on the roll of general managers of fantasy inspired football teams. The goal is to be the team that generates the most fans by the end of the game.

Using a card drafting mechanic players will make their teams (read: hand of cards) better to increase their chance of victory over their opponents. On a player's turn, they will play a card out to "highlight" cards in the middle of the table. This is similar to playing cards to bases in Smashup. After players' hands are exhausted points will be counted up at each of the highlight cards. The player with the most points wins the majority of benefits of that card. There are also tournament cards which are similar to highlight cards, but give greater benefits.

Play goes on for five rounds. The final round includes the "Blood Bowl". Again, whomever has the most fans at the end wins.

Blood Bowl: Team Manager - The Card Game is silly fun. It's neat to play your player cards up against your opponent's and see what happens. There's usually a tug-of-war that happens over a football at each highlight card that you are squared off over. Having said that I didn't feel like I was compelled to play it again soon. It's a nice game to bring out every so often.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reed Dawley
United States
Delmar
New York
flag msg tools
I wish I could play more games.
badge
Collecting games is not playing games.
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like the whole alternate reality sports genre so I enjoy this game, but I get what you are saying about being compelled to play more. I would rather play this two player than smash-up two player but I do not play it a lot. It is a game that I find myself wanting to like more than I actually like it, two player head to head card game about busting heads and scoring points. If I have another gamer around I would rather play Warhammer 40,000: Conquest, if I have a non-gamer who is into sports I will pull out Baseball Highlights: 2045 and if it is a non-gamer who is not into sports I will whip out Lost Cities. I have yet to find the niche gamer this clicks with fully in person.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petteri Heino
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
One of my favourite games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reed Dawley
United States
Delmar
New York
flag msg tools
I wish I could play more games.
badge
Collecting games is not playing games.
mbmbmbmbmb
El_Mutanto wrote:
One of my favourite games.

I would totally play it with you, but you live far away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joeri Rotthier
Belgium
Hemiksem
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmb
I wouldn't recommend it as a 2 player game really.
Tried it, didn't work, didn't enjoy it. The tournaments seemed tedious, the matchups were predictable and boring due to only being 2...

As a 3+ game however this totally rocks. Not knowing who your opponent will be on a certain pitch, waiting out to play on another pitch only to find another player to start there right before your turn. REAL challenges at tournaments.

3+ this game shines, I'd play it every day!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely best with 3+. I'll take this game over Smash-up any day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schott
Germany
Langenzenn
Franconia
flag msg tools
designer
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
badge
Please fondle my bum.
mbmbmbmbmb
On the contrary, i playes this mostly only with 2p, and think it is great fun to outthink your opponent - despite the silly theme.
Of course, it is no less fun with more players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.