Neill Pert
United Kingdom
Church Fenton
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All,

Hopefully this is in the correct place.

I'm coming over from the UK to attend the Microsoft Ignite Conference at the Atlanta World Congress Center. The conference runs from 26th to 30th Sept.

Is there any other attendees who fancy a games night or suggestions for meetups which it would be easy to get to?

Thanks,
TC

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Y
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
I'm already in Atlanta but I won't be at MS Ignite. The World Congress Center is in the Downtown Atlanta neighborhood, which, while in the commercial center of the city, isn't where most game nights occur. I know because I live nearby in Midtown.

I've put together a list of public board game meetups close to Midtown in the following thread:
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/22284858#22284858

Note that although Atlanta has a metro, many of these locations aren't near any stops.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Satterfield
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SpankyMcPants wrote:
I'm already in Atlanta but I won't be at MS Ignite. The World Congress Center is in the Downtown Atlanta neighborhood, which, while in the commercial center of the city, isn't where most game nights occur. I know because I live nearby in Midtown.

I've put together a list of public board game meetups close to Midtown in the following thread:
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/22284858#22284858

Note that although Atlanta has a metro, many of these locations aren't near any stops.

I'll second what Sam said. There are a couple of game groups inside the perimeter, but those are a little bit of distance away from where you'll be. The Camelli's one may be your best bet, but I'm more familiar with the ones a little further out.

If you're mobile, then I would recommend the Atlanta Board Gaming Group and the Well Played meetup. Both of those have a fair number of events and post for a handful of other groups. Otherwise, enjoy your visit and whichever group you end up being able to connect with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neill Pert
United Kingdom
Church Fenton
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Sam & David,

I'll check out the links, and most likely i'll jump in a cab/uber to an event.

Cheers,
TC

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Alton
United States
Lawrenceville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheCelt wrote:
Thanks Sam & David,

I'll check out the links, and most likely i'll jump in a cab/uber to an event.

Cheers,
TC

They're a Soul Man
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neill Pert
United Kingdom
Church Fenton
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LoL nice pickup. I had to google

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve G.
United States
flag msg tools
I'll probably attend MS Ignite this year, FWIW.

EDIT: Whoops, never mind. Too much foot-dragging from management resulted in us not getting registered before the event sold out. Live and learn, I suppose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Weekly
United States
Canton
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm local to ATL and would love to meet up and play some games while you are in our lovely city. When you narrow down a day/time/location let me know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.