Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bernard Hopkins
England
Durham/Darlington
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was looking to buy this game for my daughter when I noticed someone in the comments section said they had discovered the correct hole to place the key was noticeably different. Which ended up ruining the game for them. Was this just a one off with their particular set or is it common among all?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Rabinowitz
United States
Columbia
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would guess it's just them. The game has multiple features to prevent this. The tower has a removable sleeve which you can rotate around, which means if a hole gets a scuff mark it will be "shuffled" to a different side. Also, there is a removable cardboard piece which sits on top, for the same purpose. So unless you are really trying, there's no way to mark the hole.

These features aren't talked about in the instructions so maybe the reviewer you read didn't know about them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Rabinowitz
United States
Columbia
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, if you find your opponent peering into the holes, looking for a clue, that would be a good time to teach them about cheating and how it makes games less fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Plante
United States
Greenville
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Peter, do not let this make you pass up on what is in my opinion the best children's game I've ever played. Both my girls love it and my older daughter is 11.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Taylor
Switzerland
Uster
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly, it was the first thing my daughter did... and we can't find any difference at all (at least in my version).

You can feel the difference when you put the key in, but it's irrelevant if you've already made your choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Rabinowitz
United States
Columbia
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh yeah, forgot to say that.

This is, in my opinion, literally the best children's game in existence. And I've seen a lot of games. I tell everyone I know with kids about this game.

That time when my four year old said to her grandma, "Don't go over there!" in a voice that said the key was clearly over there, and Grandma went over there, and the key was actually hidden on the opposite side of the board? Priceless!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas
Germany
Nagold
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kc2dpt wrote:
Also, if you find your opponent peering into the holes, looking for a clue, that would be a good time to teach them about cheating and how it makes games less fun. ;)

Or better that if one cheats one tries to not be found out - only the stealthy cheater is the successful cheater.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.