6 Posts

Through the Ages: A New Story of Civilization» Forums » Rules

Subject: William Shakespeare Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
H L
Australia
flag msg tools
I have a question regarding the power of William Shakespeare: when it states for every pair of library+theater you get +2 culture.

If in a situation where a player has 2 stage 1 library and 2 stage 1 theaters. Is that considered 2 pairs i.e. +4 culture or still just +2?

This was a major contention in our group when one player built 3 of each and was getting +6 culture. Some of us believe they should only get +2 and only get plus +4 when they create a stage 2 pair etc.

How do you interpret this ability?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Sporre
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having a library and a theatre is one pair. Having two libraries and two theatres are two pairs, i.e. +4 culture.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The Shakespeare card says nothing about levels of the libraries and/or theaters. If you have 3 of each, even if level 1, that's +6.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H L
Australia
flag msg tools
Ok cool, I thought that was the case and we played it as +6 in the end. But some in the group were not convinced, so thanks for the clarification!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Bunyan
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So what you're asking is, if the number of theaters is A, and the number of libraries is C, and the number of library/theatre pairs is B, where B=min(A,C), then what is the culture bonus: 2B or not 2B?

I'm sure Bill would be pleased that we finally have an answer: 2B.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pilgrim152 wrote:
So what you're asking is, if the number of theaters is A, and the number of libraries is C, and the number of library/theatre pairs is B, where B=min(A,C), then what is the culture bonus: 2B or not 2B?

I'm sure Bill would be pleased that we finally have an answer: 2B.

This is awesome! Have a
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.