Hide
10 Posts

Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower» Forums » Rules

Subject: Respite according to FAQ rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph Scalzitti
msg tools
Page 16 – Respite Change the text in the first circle to read: ‘If there are no adversaries on the board at the start of this phase, there is a respite. Each player sets up their hero anywhere in the current chamber. Then, if they wish, the heroes can attempt to rest – if they do, each player rolls a dice. If at least one player rolls under the number of skills their hero has, there is an ambush (page 19), otherwise each player can either heal D3 wounds or search the room by rolling a dice, taking a treasure card if they roll a 4 or more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I was definitely doing this one wrong.... heheh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James M Hewitt
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a change rather than a clarification, so you probably weren't
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
We apologise for the inconvenience
United Kingdom
Outside of the Asylum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, some clarifications, some changes. thanks James

Still haven't had chance to read the whole document yet, but takeaways for me from the quoted bit above...

Respite Clarifications/Changes in FAQ v1.1 wrote:
- Respite is NOT optional

- But rolling to rest IS optional

- It follows from this that there is nothing you can do to prevent the Unexpected Event if there are no enemies on the board twice in a row (where previously, one interpretation was that you could avoid it by never choosing to roll to rest in the first place)

- Rolling to rest is completely different now. Each player has to pass a test, rather than one die roll for everyone - and if even one player fails, then nobody can rest & you are ambushed instead.

Did I miss anything "Respite"-related?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Outside of the Asylum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, based on this quoted part from the new FAQ...
FAQ v1.1 wrote:
...there is a respite. Each player sets up their hero anywhere in the current chamber. Then, if they wish, the heroes can attempt to rest...

And this from the original Guide Book...
Guide Book, pg. 18 wrote:
Grievous Wounds
The next time there is a respite (page 16), set them up with the other heroes in the current chamber, with four wound markers still on their hero card.

Do we have a clearer answer to these couple of "Respite"-related questions from the "Any Questions?" thread...
Pudsy wrote:
RESPITE
- During a respite, are heroes with grievous wounds placed back on the board BEFORE the roll for ambush?

- During a respite, are heroes returning from grievous wounds allowed the choice to heal D3 wounds or roll 4+ for a treasure card?

I guess the answer to both is YES, but just double checking, since the new text for "Respite" doesn't refer to Grievously-Wounded heroes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James M Hewitt
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Each player sets up their hero anywhere in the current chamber" – it doesn't exclude players with grievously wounded heroes. The bit on page 18 clarifies this. So yes to both!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Outside of the Asylum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, that makes more sense.

And wow, is that a lot of errata. A bit irritated that it needed that much. Also, really? Base sizes? That's a serious pain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Outside of the Asylum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spiralingcadaver wrote:
...wow, is that a lot of errata.

Don't worry, it looks more than it is. I've been through all the cards (not done the books yet) to add corrections, and it's only an odd word that has changed to clarify things in almost all cases.

I appreciated that there's a full sentence/paragraph listed in the FAQ though. It helps locate the correction properly. I've had some errata before where they only give a few words to correct, without specifying if that should replace just those few words, or the entire sentence, or the entire paragraph. And when I've double-checked some of those, the answer was not always consistent.

Besides, I'd say we were playing most of these things correctly anyway. And I'm probably to blame for a good chunk of the FAQ with all my nit-picky questions on the "Any Questions?" thread

And yes, the Respite stuff makes much more sense now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Whoah...my interpretation of portals was completely wrong. I thought they were supposed to serve as connecting points (i.e. heroes could move through a portal and emerge from another) to increase the strategy and reduce backtracking.

Well... maybe I'll continue playing it that way as a house rule!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.