Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Guillemette
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I managed to print the PNP and got in several games last night with my brother. We are loving this new game!!

Interestingly, the verbage of STUNNING a champion in this game made me realize that we had been playing Star Realms wrong for months! We had been scrapping (AKA sacrificing) bases (Champions) when they are destroyed.

This rule variant had the effect of weakening the bases (Champions) considerably, but at least they self-scrapped in a way freeing up your deck...

It also means that there is room for a new power in the non-variant system where particular powerful creatures don't just stun an opposing champion, they can "sacrifice" them (aka scrap) This would be a double-edged power, so it would have to be strategically used to stripping more powerful champions from your opponent's deck, killing their investment completely. It might be a good counter to a Champ-heavy strategy...

Given how awesome Rob Dougherty is, it is very likely he has already incorporated such a power into the upcoming Boss decks, (The Lich might even be able to bring them back from the sacrifice pile), but thought it might be interesting to discuss.
What do you think?
-Matthew G
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matt feldman
United States
Maple Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i think it'd be insane. champions are overpriced compared to other cards due to their stay in play / guard nature. if by defeating them they become scrapped, you'd be inclined to never ever buy them (at current pricing).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.