Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Portney
United States
Bremerton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lets talk about PAX West!

Beyond all of the video game and media hype, there's a large block of board game and RPG content at PAX. But sometimes it's hard to know what's there. So I made a consolidated list of all of the Board Game and RPG things happening at the show. Exhibitors, vendors, panels, tournaments, special events, etc. If it's analog, it's in there.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/206649/pax-west-20...

Enjoy!

Sound off if you're going, and what you'd be looking forward to seeing. And would anyone be interested in meeting up for a friendly game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going!

(and commented on your tabletop post in the PAX forums ).

For pre-PAX stuff, my husband and I have signed on to the SchlitzKrieg beer tour, which I'm really looking forward to. We'll probably hit up Thursday's pre-PAX boardgame night for some gaming.

I think we're going to try to get in on the Watch the Skies MegaGame - it looks like a lot of fun.

I want to check out Fantasy Flight's room to see if they have the second edition of Mansions of Madness there, or Forbidden Stars. And I'm definitely visiting Flying Frog to pick up some Shadows of Brimstone stuff. We'll probably do some Pathfinder and D&D5e too. We had a lot of fun doing the Pathfinder sessions last time around (2 years ago).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Holttum
United Kingdom
Southend on Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If your doing Pathfinder, please ask Liz Spain when she will finally fulfill the pledges on her Incredible Xpeditions game, funded three years ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I splurged and bought tickets for the Watch the Skies megagame on Saturday. It sounds like even the first-com-first-served players will be 'encouraged' to make a donation to play, so I figured I might as well donate ahead of time to get a guaranteed seat. And playing in a megagame is pretty high up on my gaming bucket list. I'm excited!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Portney
United States
Bremerton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It should be a ton of fun! I watched people playing it last year, and it was certainly a spectacle. Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Dahlman
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Looked at the list and noticed we weren't on there.

6th floor, booth 7202, we'll be running demos for The Goonies: Adventure Card Game all weekend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Portney
United States
Bremerton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Added in, thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Zuckman
United States
Newhall
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Blackbox has booked the ACT theater adjacent to the convention hall to showcase indie and Kickstarter games. You don't need a badge to get in and it will run for the duration of the convention. There are a lot of great companies demoing their games there.

I don't have a full list in front of me, but I will be at the Obscure Reference Games booth showing Overlords of Infamy.

Hope this helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.