Subject: (Too) Long game play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Florent Leguern
France
Saint-Martin-d'Hères
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just finished playing my third game of Empires in America, and as last time, I just quit the game rather than meeting the game's requirements

I really love the feel, the theme, the mechanics (a nifty recurring SoS vibe I love in Zulu and Zeds), but I really find the game to be a drag, and even though I'm not "playing the mechanics" but rather am in a "decision mode" now, I just keep looking at the draw pile, then the recycle one, and shigh at every Housekeep...

I can't get my finger on what exactly keeps me down like that, because I love managing my Leaders (love fiddling with the battalion and reputation markers laugh ), I still read flavor, I try to use the Action cards at the right moment, sometimes cursing fate when the next historique phase brings a new menace I could've thwarted with a discarded card...

Please, help me identify what goes wrong laughcry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You need to have a nice bottle of wine and some cheese and bread as you play through this...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.