Popular Tags: [View All]
Jay Townsend
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Avalanche Press now sells the game with normal die-cut silky counters instead of the laser cut counters of the past. Also, they have the corrected values on the Marine counters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Gates
United States
Essex
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And if we have the original version? Is there an option to purchase countersheets separately?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Townsend
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe so, just send Avalanche Press an email.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Townsend
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
What inside my Saipan box as I have put all my materials together:

Looking through my main Saipan 1944 box the other day after playing a scenario, I realized I have a lot of cool gaming materials/components inside that box!

Besides all the chart and 4th Edition Rules, I have 6 maps from the Saipan and Marianas games, the 40 scenarios from the Saipan 1944 book, the 30 scenarios from the Marianas 1944 book and one scenario from the Golden Journal Equinox 2015 folder. For a total of 71 scenarios!

Counters zip-lock bags for the Original laser cut US Marines/Navy, US Army, Japanese Army, Japanese SNLF/Navy, Guam Insular Force, Rifle-Men from the Gold Journal, Modern Japanese Armor – two sets from the Gold Journal, the newer Saipan Silk Counters: of the US Marines/Navy with the corrected values, US Army, Japanese Army, Japanese SNLF/Navy, Marianas counters mixed in, including 1941 Marine counters, extra American Army counters from the extras I had from other games to fill in for the Mass Armor Scenario from the Golden Journal and a bag of Marker counters to round things off. I think I have 14-15 zip-lock bags of different sizes for all the counters.

All this in one box is a fantastic thing to have, and even though I have played all the finished scenarios once, I can see me playing them all again many times, especially with the newer Marine INF values. All this material helped me to push around counters while designing Philippine 1941-42 and Philippines 1944-45 games. With the kind of counter/map mix, the hypothetical scenarios are also endless. Not to mention the maps are beautiful!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.