Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kyle
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
Curse your sudden but inevitable action denial!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm working on an early design where players build a business (or whatever) to attract customers (or whatever) from a common pool. So I'm looking for similar designs to familiarize myself with what other designers have done. So far I have Boss Monster and possibly Arcadia, though I've never played the latter. All help appreciated!

Edit: card games preferred.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Iver Wilhelmsen
Norway
Oslo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The ones that come to mind are ESSEN (where the players run booths at Essen Spiel, attracting customers) and The Gallerist (where there are different types of visitors, some of which end up buying the works of art).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harv Veerman
Netherlands
Zoetermeer
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Long shot here: Kraftwagen ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Grisham

Indiana
msg tools
mb
None of these exactly match what you are asking about. But they share some elements, or do things in a way that you might find interesting.

Hungry Hungry Hippos comes to mind, actually, but I consider a toy more than a game.

Village has a market portion that players can participate in.

Uh, card games?

Machi Koro has customer actions are abstracted by dice rolls instead of a pool of customers.

In Menu Masters the players' pawns are the customers, trying to collect the ingredients that they need. But a player can own a shop for a round, instead of shopping there. So they have to try to determine where other players are likely to spend a lot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harv Veerman
Netherlands
Zoetermeer
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Longer shot here: Emira ?

The Princesses have their preferences, it's your job to meet those preferences.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Grisham

Indiana
msg tools
mb
Splendor also fits a bit. If you are the first to satisfy a noble's tastes, they join you and add to your score.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.