Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Herb Boutilier
United States
Smyrna Mills
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules on shaken units moving say they 'cannot advance toward an enemy unit in their line of sight.
If a broken unit starts adjacent to a good order enemy squad, can the broken unit move to another, different adjacent hex to the same good order enemy squad before moving away? (It's not moving "closer," just adjacent again)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vance Strickland
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, if it moves it must do so in a way as to increase the distance between itself and a good order enemy in its line of sight.

Wrong, wrong, wrong.... see Jeff's correct answer below....whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony B
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Barthheart wrote:
No, if it moves it must do so in a way as to increase the distance between itself and a good order enemy in its line of sight.

This is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb Boutilier
United States
Smyrna Mills
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what makes sense, but where specifically in the rules does it outline this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Lewis
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No closer means no closer, so it would be fine, as long as it's not closer to another enemy hex/unit, which in a crowded map would be hard to do. Then again I'm not sure why you would ever do this unless you had a friendly units in the hex into which you were moving.

-Jeff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vance Strickland
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well... Jeff's the man so there you go. I was wrong... again... getting to be a bad habit.... shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb Boutilier
United States
Smyrna Mills
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The reason I want to do this is because my shaken unit can move to a leader's location, and it can try to rally next time!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Wallwork
United Kingdom
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm Herb's opponent in this game and I'm a bit unsure of the rule as well. It makes sense to move forward into the hex with the leader but can that still be done when there is an enemy (me) 3 hexes in front of where the leader hex is. This means that the moving unit will be in LOS (night rules of 3 hexes are in effect here). I won't be able to fire on Herb though as my unit has already had it's impulse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Lewis
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tasmanuk wrote:
I'm Herb's opponent in this game and I'm a bit unsure of the rule as well. It makes sense to move forward into the hex with the leader but can that still be done when there is an enemy (me) 3 hexes in front of where the leader hex is. This means that the moving unit will be in LOS (night rules of 3 hexes are in effect here). I won't be able to fire on Herb though as my unit has already had it's impulse.

20.1.3 answers this for you. At night, if you are under Fired then he can't move there.

-Jeff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Lewis
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Barthheart wrote:
Well... Jeff's the man so there you go. I was wrong... again... getting to be a bad habit.... shake

No sweat, Vance. You're only wrong about 2 times out of 500; and you just got those 2 out of the way, so it should be smooth sailing for a while.

I appreciate that you're always keeping an eye on things!

-Jeff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.